*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316195-Lost-Umbrella
by Adminn
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #2316195
Even in the midst of a rainy day, kindness has a way of brightening the darkest skies..:)
It was a rainy afternoon when Lily found herself hurrying down the crowded streets of London. Her bright yellow umbrella shielded her from the relentless downpour as she made her way to the tube station. However, amidst the hustle and bustle of the city, she suddenly realized her beloved umbrella was missing.

Frantically, she retraced her steps, scanning the sidewalks and peering into nearby shops, but it was nowhere to be found. Disheartened, Lily resigned herself to the fact that her faithful companion was gone forever.

Days passed, and the rain persisted. Lily trudged through the wet streets umbrella-less, feeling the droplets soak through her coat. One particularly gloomy morning, as she walked past a small cafe, something caught her eye. There, propped against the window, was her yellow umbrella.

With disbelief and joy flooding her heart, Lily rushed inside and asked the barista about the umbrella. The barista smiled warmly and explained that a kind stranger had found it abandoned on the sidewalk and brought it in, hoping its owner would return.

Touched by the stranger's kindness, Lily reclaimed her umbrella, feeling grateful for the small act of goodwill in a vast city. From that day on, whenever it rained, Lily held her yellow umbrella a little tighter, reminded not only of its practicality but also of the unexpected kindness that brightened her day.
© Copyright 2024 Adminn (fatmaxx24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316195-Lost-Umbrella