*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316229-What-What
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2316229
Daily Flash Fiction - #/16/24 - W/C 287


“What? What?”

“Could you repeat that please?”

“I said ‘what’ and then ‘what’ again. Two questions.”

The person on the phone went silent. .

I repeated the question asked of me, “Could you repeat that please?”

“I am the one asking the questions, please.”

“No, you’re the one invading my silence, my solitude, by calling me, then asking me inane questions.”

I waited for a reply. None forthcoming, I proceeded.

“So why should I be so anxious to move a mobile home? And how did you get my phone number? The phone company told me this number hadn’t been used for years. They assured me we wouldn’t get calls from the previous owner of this number.”

“Well, this is the information I got from a search on the internet. I searched for companies that move mobile homes causeI have a mobile home that needs to be moved. This phone number’s listed as American Mobile Home movers.”

“So you’re telling me that all the information on the net’s correct. And then you’re telling me you have a home that needs to be moved.”

“Yes, sir, that’s right. Would you be able to do it?”

I thought about this for a hot second.

“Tell you what. You send me $500 as a down payment. Then I’ll send my brother Billy Bob over that way in a week or two to consult and give you an answer.”

“Well…”

“Take it or leave it. Makes no never mind to me.”

“Fine. We’ll take it.”

“Good. Mail the deposit to George at PO Box 100, N. Delfia, MT 59021. Include your address and phone. Then I’ll be in touch.”

They’re still waiting for my reply. No such address. I changed my phone number.

WC 287


© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316229-What-What