*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316356-You-Can-Run-But-You-Cant-Hide
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #2316356
Resisting Your Dark Impulses
Trigger Warning: If Triggered by drugs don't read this I don't want to trigger anyone

Phoenix always kept to herself because she didn't want to lose control of herself and her dark impulses, the only one who knew about the darkest parts of her was her sister Avery. Avery knew about Phoenix's dark impulses like using drugs, or join a cult and do some human sacrifices, but it would only be the most horrible people in the world. But one dark impulse was the strong urge to purge, for those who don't know what a purge is, well it's basically any crime including murder Is legal for 12 hours. What Avery didn't know is that Phoenix had a list of people she would purge, all the people from her past, that was the biggest impulse she was fighting, well aside from a cult. Phoenix was sitting in her window seat journaling a bit, she had two specific journals, one was to write down her feelings and the events of the day, that was the lovely, innocent journal that she owned. But the one was darker. that journal was the one she had all of her darker thoughts in that were based off her darker impulses, she tired to avoid that journal at all costs. As Phoenix started to drift off into her thoughts when her sister Avery came out from the back room putting her hair up and looking at her sister. "You going to be okay because I got to go into work today into tonight because someone called out as usual" Avery said waiting for her sisters response. Phoenix snapped out of her thoughts to look at her sister. She gave a quick nod "Yeah I'll be okay don't worry about me" Phoenix said giving a small smile. Avery laughed rolling her eyes."I always worry about you because you're my sister and I worry about you because of other things" Avery said. Phoenix sighed quietly because she knew what her sister meant by that comment. Phoenix got up and went over to her sister pulling her into a huge hug burying her face in her sister's neck. "I'll be okay I promise" Phoenix said pulling away. "Go" Phoenix said. Avery nodded. "Okay but please call me if you need me okay?" Avery said. Phoenix nodded. "Okay I will" she said. Avery nodded grabbing her keys and headed to the door. "I love you" Avery said before leaving Phoenix there by herself. "I love you too" she said to the now empty room. Phoenix stood there for a little longer before she went and locked up the front door before she decided to go to her room and laid down when she got there looking up at the ceiling. "Maybe I should try and sleep, usually that helped keep the impulses at bay" she said out loud before she covered herself up with her crow blanket closing her eyes. "Read me" a deep demonic like voice said making Phoenix's eyes open quickly and she sat up looking around her dimly lit room. "Hello, who said that?" she asked grabbing the baseball bat next to her bed slowly continuing to look around before slowly getting up to walk around her room seeing nothing and no one. "Phew must be my imagination" she said walking back to her bed. "Under your bed where you usually keep me locked away" the voice spoke again. Phoenix knew deep down she shouldn't really look under her bed. Unfortunately against her better judgement she kneeled down reaching under her bed moving her hand around hoping nothing would grab her and pull her under before dropping her into some other dimension or to hell. Phoenix continued to move her hand around before it landed on a book, she pulled it out and immediately regretted it. "Oh no" she said staring at it. "Oh yes" the demonic voice replied. "Read me, it's been so long" it said. Phoenix shook her head. "I don't want to" Phoenix said running her fingers over it. "Yes you do" the voice replied. Phoenix nodded a small tear falling down her cheek she knew what this journal said and she knew deep down if she read it all of her darkest impulses will explode into her mind but at this point she didn't know if she cared. "Yes I do" she said and opened the book beginning to read....
© Copyright 2024 Phoenix (heavensreaper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316356-You-Can-Run-But-You-Cant-Hide