*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316480-Pan-G-Britain-Cups-And-Domestic-Football
Rated: E · Sample · Sports · #2316480
Pan-Great Britain Cups On Top of European and domestic football Extra club trophies.
Pan-Great Britain Cups On Top of European and domestic football.
I think that we should have extra Pan-Great Britain Cups on top of European and domestic football. I do not support merging the Scottish and English leagues. As people would wrongly think Scotland was part of England. Plus all the Scottish tier one trophies would relegated to the status of lower tier trophies. While all the English tier one trophies would be seen as forerunners of the British leagues.
So teams like Celtic and Rangers would go from over 100 domestic trophies to zero.
My preferable idea is to keep European and domestic football, but to instead have extra Pan-Great Britain Cups on top of European and domestic football. I want extra Pan-Great Britain Cups all the way down the levels at male and female soccer / football.
Already the Scottish allow Welsh and Northern Irish sides in the Scottish Challenge Cup.
I think a British league would be a bad idea. As teams like Dundee, Inverness CT, and Aberdeen might have to make 20 trips of 500 + miles every season. A better idea it to keep the domestic leagues but have trips to England 6 to 9 times a season, so it is a highlight, but note a chore. I would love Scottish club sides to play English club sides of similar level in competitve trophies every season.
The Scottish rugby sides travel to Italy and South Africa in club rugby. And Scottish, Welsh, and Irish club sides have travelled to Central Asia, in UEFA trophies. So travel can be overcome.
The Scottish Premiership could be increased to 16 teams with a 30 game season to make way for extra trophies.
My ideas include-
1. Allow guest teams from Scotland, the Cymru Welsh League, France, Belgium and the Netherlands into the FA Cup, or English League Cup.
2. Bring back the Anglo Scottish Cup at male or/and female soccer.
3. Have A Celtic Nations Club trophy of Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Cornish, Brittany, the Isle of Man, and perhaps guest sides from England, and Belgium.
4. Invite all Scottish Premier sides not in Europe, plus selected, Irish, Welsh Cymru Premier, and perhaps some sides from Belgium, the Netherlands, or North West France into the EFL Trophy (Football League Trophy),
5. Invite all Scottish Championship, Welsh Cymru Premier sides, and selected sides from Belgium, Netherlands, and North West France into the English non-league FA Trophy,
6. Have A British - German Cup of all Scottish Premiership sides, plus German Bundesliga sides not in Europe, plus all EPL sides not in Europe, plus some Welsh Cymru Premier sides,
7. Have A British - French Cup of all Scottish Premiership sides, plus French top tier sides not in Europe, plus all EPL sides not in Europe, plus some Welsh Cymru Premier sides.
8. Have a Great Britain Youth Cup, of the winners of the Scottish, Welsh, and English Youth Cups.
9. Invite women's sides from the Scottish, Welsh, and Irish leagues and perhaps French sides into the English Women's club knockout trophies, as guests, Perhaps just Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers as guests in the English knockout trophies,

Thanks for reading,
Merci, Diolch, Thanks.
© Copyright 2024 Wrexgor (geopolitcomp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316480-Pan-G-Britain-Cups-And-Domestic-Football