*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316922-A-Wonderful-Accident
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Holiday · #2316922
A new Easter candy is invented by accident. 300 words.
A Wonderful Accident


E. Bunny was pacing the floor in short hops. All around him was the cacophony of preparations for Easter morning in Bunny Hollow. But one corner of the factory was silent.

“Why has the new machine to make polished hard shelled candy eggs stopped?”

A grey bunny in oil-streaked overalls who was fiddling with a matching cap didn’t answer at first.

“Well, Cornell Cottontail?” the big boss bunny shouted.

“I didn’t do anything. It was working fine. The eggs were the perfect size and glossiness. Then I heard a grinding sound. The eggs coming out on the conveyer belt got smaller and smaller, until they were the size of a bean!”

“But that wasn’t the idea! Can’t you fix it?”

“I can’t get the thing to stop. I unplugged it and it's still going!”

The Easter Bunny pulled his ears in frustration.

“Hey boss!” said a voice at his side. He looked down to see one of his Taste Testers, Cora.

“You need to try them, sir,” she said as she popped one of the tiny ovals into his mouth. As he crunched down on the morsel, he smiled.

“These are delicious! Perfect for hiding in small spaces and filling the corners of Easter baskets. What shall we call them?” he asked as he licked the last of the sweetness off his lips.

“They are the size of a bean and taste like jelly, why not Jellybeans?” suggested Cornell and Cora together.

So, it was decided and so it is. They are so delicious and beloved for Easter; Santa also decided to use them for some of the candy in stockings. Of course, those are red, white and black and packaged for the toes. This meant the machine ran in winter and spring to meet the demand.

© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316922-A-Wonderful-Accident