*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317275-2-April-2024
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Non-fiction · Writing · #2317275
Further updates
I have averaged about 4 - 6 hours of sleep a night since arriving in this land. Closer to 6 most nights, which is pretty good. I am somewhat sleep deprived, but being outside and walking helps me feel awake and alive. Besides, I have yet to discover anywhere inside that is comfortable to sit except for Burger King and McDonald's. The 2nd floor of the downtown library has a few comfortable spots, which is excellent. It is also has excellent hours and an excellent offering of books to read.

Someone handed me a paper last night for an appointment. I remain hopeful that this person can sign my request for a NYID so I may get a library card and be able to access a few more services. It will be nice to take books of my choosing out that I am interested in and read them on the train/bus and while sitting outside in the sun—only in the designated approved areas, of course.
© Copyright 2024 Crystal Dragon (chantellemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317275-2-April-2024