*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317667-Dragon-Spine-Base
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #2317667
The base of the mountain range
The portal spits you out at the base of a huge mountain range. You instantly recognize it as the Dragon Spine, an iconic outline reminiscent of the back of a sleeping dragon. Many tales are told about this place from caves full of diamonds to valley streams full of gold to strange dwarf like inhabitants. Right in front of you is a cabin full of mountain gear including a winter wardrobe to protect you from the elements. You are glad of the extra protection for the icy wind whips through your clothing and you can see your breath freeze in midair.

A well worn snowy trail leads up the slope of the mountain in front of you. It's steep but manageable. It looks like it might go to the tallest of the peaks.
 Mountain Trail  [E]
Be careful! It's steep!
by Massive Friendly Derg

A cold crystal clear stream flows towards a valley. The banks are quite uneven but it has a smooth bottom made of sand that one can easily walk along.
 Stream  [E]
A wet path
by Massive Friendly Derg
© Copyright 2024 Massive Friendly Derg (dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317667-Dragon-Spine-Base