*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317742-Whiskers-Tale
by cwiz
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2317742
Cinderella's cat talks about what happened
I, Whiskers, have been Ella's faithful companion through all her trials and tribulations. I've watched her scrub floors, mend clothes, and cater to her wretched stepfamily's every whim. It's enough to make my fur stand on end.

As Ella slaves away, I do my best to keep the rat population in check. It's not that I particularly care about the cleanliness of the house, but there's something so satisfying about the hunt. The way they scurry, the squeak of terror as I pounce... it's the highlight of my day.

When the palace invitation arrives, I can see the hope in Ella's eyes. She deserves a night of fun, away from the cinders and the cruelty. But her stepmother and stepsisters dash her dreams, leaving her crying in the garden. I nuzzle against her, offering what little comfort I can.

Suddenly, a sparkly old woman appears, claiming to be Ella's fairy godmother. I watch in amazement as she transforms a pumpkin into a carriage and rats into horses. Part of me is impressed, but another part is miffed that my prey has been turned into unappetizing equines.

The fairy godmother even gives me a bow. I paw at it, unamused. I'm a cat, not a decoration.

At the ball, I wander the palace halls, marveling at the opulence. I may or may not have sharpened my claws on a tapestry or two. As the clock strikes midnight, Ella and I rush back to our pumpkin coach, leaving behind a single glass slipper.

When the prince arrives, I recognize the scent of the slipper. I lead him to Ella, meowing insistently. As the slipper slides perfectly onto her foot, I purr with satisfaction. My girl is going to get her happily ever after.

As we ride off to the palace, I curl up in Ella's lap, content in the knowledge that our days of hardship are over. I may have to find new prey to hunt in the palace, but as long as I have Ella, I know I'm home
© Copyright 2024 cwiz (crystalwizard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317742-Whiskers-Tale