*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317900-The-Girl-In-The-Mirror
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #2317900
A reflection of my thoughts when I see myself in the mirror.
I stare at myself in the mirror with a dissatisfied smile. Once, a 4-year-old girl stood in front of the same mirror, making silly faces and laughing about her strawberry-stained face. I look in the mirror now and see a girl fixing her hair and makeup, not the singing and dancing little girl from before. I sometimes feel disappointed when I think about the person I have become. Would that 4-year-old girl approve of the person she has become? She always felt pretty in this mirror, so why can't I. I see pretty girls on my phone and doubt myself. Why can't I be like them? Watching videos like theirs makes me long to be that same 4-year-old girl convinced she was a princess. I wish I could tell my younger self to always feel beautiful and stay true to who she is. However, she's gone, and I'll never feel that way again.
© Copyright 2024 charlotte (charwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317900-The-Girl-In-The-Mirror