*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318436-Snacky-Snafu
Rated: E · Monologue · Comedy · #2318436
Reflecting on a problem with bite-size cheese snacks, using these words: wall, cheese, fan
I'm a big fan of those crunchy orange cheese snacks. I'm not sure what the specific flavor is supposed to be, but that doesn't really matter to me. The only problem with them is that some of that bright orange color always ends up on my face and hands. I suppose that's a good reason not to wipe my mouth with my hand, but it's one of my many bad habits.

I've tried stuffing a handful directly from the bag into my mouth to avoid touching them, but some of them always end up on the floor. Which usually means bright orange ends up on the dog's face, and bits of orange detritus get scattered across the floor, and inevitably I step on a few while trying to pick them up.

The other day my wife whipped out her phone and snapped a photo as I was enjoying a mouthful. And now there's a reminder on the kitchen wall of how silly I look with orange lips.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I've come up with a solution. Next time I'm going to dump a handful directly into the blender, and add just enough water to create a slurry that's liquid enough to drink though a straw. That's so crazy that it just might work.
© Copyright 2024 Dan I Am (mordee2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318436-Snacky-Snafu