*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318487-The-Alabama-Experiment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Non-fiction · Writing · #2318487
My response via The Action Network, 11 February 2024
The Alabama experiment. My response. Yeah, come watch me slowly suffocate and die while I'm encased in a glass chamber. Sadistic muthafuckas.

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/say-no-to-the-gas-chamber?source=direct_link...

The death penalty has no place in a modern and civilized society, let alone the barbaric use of agents such as gas. Gas is employed by murderous regimes such as the Islamic Republic of Iran, who currently use it to intimidate and kill school aged children and other citizens who resist, rise up, and protest against morality police and the implementation of Sharia law. Gas was/is also used by murderous rulers and known terrorist associates such as Bashar Al-Assad who used chemical weapons, including Sarin gas and barrel bombs, on his own civilians during the Syrian War and the Battle of Aleppo.

Furthermore, may I remind you that the use of gas chambers were a favorite way to commit the vile, inhuman, and sadistic genocide of over 6 million Jews, Roma, Blacks, twins, disabled people and other humans who were considered to be "inferior" human beings by the Nazi regime during WWII.

Incarceration is the punishment. Please consider all of the ramifications of administering the death penalty as a form of justice. This "final solution" for those who have been convicted of crimes creates a devastating ripple effect on friends, family members, clergy members, and others—including those who become invested and involved with the education and rehabilitation of the incarcerated person. Many people develop severe and long-lasting psychological issues, such as PTSD, after witnessing and being exposed to humans being put to death. These psychological consequences have been well-studied and are not confined to those who intimately know the person being put to death. This outdated method of punishment also negatively affects those who are involved with the administration of this form of "justice".
© Copyright 2024 Crystal Dragon (chantellemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318487-The-Alabama-Experiment