*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318946-Black-Butler-Little-Sister-Scenarios
by Alice
Rated: E · Chapter · Fanfiction · #2318946
Chapter 2 - Ciel's Little Sister - The Manor
It felt like hours, sitting in the carriage with an uncomfortable silence, the little girl kept her eyes anywhere except on her "victim". Having failed there was only one way this was going to go, if she was lucky that is. Will they just interrogate her for information she doesn't have? Then when they get tired of her uselessness, get rid of her? That would be a dream. She was tired of living. Her thoughts began to grow as her emotionless gaze watched the trees in the distance. Finally, the carriage came to a stop, and the like honorable servant he was, the butler got out first, helping Ciel before offering his hand to the lady. Her expression was that of confusion, something that brought a smile to Sebastian's lips, finding it amusing to confuse her. She hesitated before taking his hand and stepping down. Her eyes darted around to make herself aware of her surroundings. 'So this is where I'll die?' The place was nice, truly the perfect grave. Taking a soft inhale she lifted her head and followed them to the front door where another butler waited. He also seemed surprised at the appearance of an unexpected guest, but the expression didn't last long before he gave his master his unwavering attention.

"Welcome home, young master. Would you like me to prepare a room for the lady?" She couldn't help but mentally scoff at the suggestion he gave. He obviously wouldn't know she had tried to kill his precious master, but considering the state of her, there was no way she would have been brought here as an actual guest. There was a pause, the silence settling her thoughts as she looked over at the three, wondering why the idea wasn't immediately shot down. At that moment, her eyes met that of the boy who was around her age. She never got a good look at him, she just knew he seemed important and was small so she had assumed he would be an easy target. Though, it was never her intention to kill him, it wouldn't have had any effect on an adult.

"Yes, go ahead and have a room on the second floor ready. Inform Mey-Rin that this child will be her charge." His eyes were cold and distant, a stare she was all too familiar with. All nobles look the same when they stare at rats like her. Yet, it was almost unfortunate someone so young was already so tainted. It seems as the years pass, the generations just keep getting younger. Wait. That isn't the point. She finally processed what had been said and looked at them with shocked eyes.

"Excuse me? A room?" A smile rested on Ciel's lips as he tilted his head to look at her, but it was obvious his eyes held no hint of a smile in them.

"Of course, we have to show all of our guests the utmost Phantomhive experience." Chills ran down her spine as she began to wonder if she had fallen into a bigger hole than she had planned to dig herself into. Her hand gripped her tattered clothes as she gritted her teeth, her eyes becoming filled with that same hatred that was fueled by any other noble. Was she a charity case to him? Was he trying to pity her because she was young like him?

"You should worry about yourself before you start worrying about others, kid." She turned her head and walked into the manor, not caring about how things went anyway. Maybe the more disrespectful she was, the faster she would finally meet her gracious end. Ciel stood there surprised at the response before sighing and running his fingers through his hair as he watched the strange girl go up the stairs.

"It seems things are going to be more noisy than usual." He mumbled his words, though Sebastian had no problem hearing him, a chuckle escaping him.

"It appears so, my lord."

After that, Ciel decided he needed to retire early, not expecting a simple inspection to turn into an investigation along with him bringing some street rat home. Sitting in his bed, he flipped through some papers, the latch to his door turning as Sebastian entered with a tray of warm milk.

"Do you think she was hired by someone? Anyone in the streets would be willing to do anything for money or a place to stay... But the child seemed as though she had never fought a day in her lip." Ciel spoke while his eyes never left the papers, simply turning to the next back.

"It's possible, my lord. Perhaps they thought you would be more willing to let your guard down around someone close to your age." Sebastian's mischievous smile returned to his lips as he sat the cup and saucer on the nightstand.

"You should get some sleep. It seems like tomorrow may be more busy than today was. Sleep well, my lord." Giving Ciel a playful wink, he wasted no time in leaving to finish his tasks for the evening. Ciel shuddered and grumbled before tossing his papers to the side with a sigh.

"What a waste of time. Maybe I should have just had him kill her right then and there.."

Meanwhile, once the girl was shown to her room a clumsy maid stumbled into her room in an attempt to greet the guest. Instead, she didn't realize the door was unlatched and in her flustered thoughts of figuring out how to knock, she used too much force and burst into the room. The maid stood there stunned by her actions while the girl sat on the bed, looking over at the woman with a blank expression. Quickly standing and straightening herself up, Mey-Rin gave a friendly introduction.

"G-Greetings my lady! I'm Mey-Rin, I'll be your maid during your stay. If you need anything just ring-"

"Enough." The woman's sentence was interrupted by the soft voice of a child. Her gaze behind her cracked glasses scanned the girl over, seeing her covered in scars and dirt along with her tattered clothes.

"I'm not a lady. You don't have to call me.."

"Oh my!" Almost like telephone, the girl's words were cut off by the maid.

"We need to get you cleaned up! It must be uncomfortable in those clothes! I'll go prepare a bath." Her hand out reached, and the child didn't even have the opportunity to stop her and correct her that she was a prisoner and not a guest.

"Ugh.. what a pain." Powerless against the pushy maid, the girl couldn't do anything but go along with the woman's pointless endeavors. In the washroom, there was a tub in the center of the room with steaming water coming out of it. She suspiciously glanced around wondering if it was going to be a form of torture, perhaps waterboarding, but instead there only stood the one clumsy maid who seemed to be of no harm.

"I can wash myself." She began to unbutton her top as she stepped closer to the tub.

"But my lady, I can't allow a lady to wash herself." The persistent maid began to grate on the child's nerves. Fine. Maybe a little scare will get her to back off.

"Very well." As she disrobed, Mey-Rin's eyes widened as she saw the small framed child riddled with scars. How could this child have been through so much at such a young age? The girl looked over at her shoulder at the shocked maid with a smirk, startling Mey-Rin.

"See? There's no reason for you to wash me. I'll take care of it, so just get out." Not sure what to do, Mey-Rin gave in and obeyed, leaving the room.

"Just let me know if there's anything you need, my lady."

My lady. The words made her want to burst out laughing. There was nothing ladylike about her. Just some rundown hoodlum who tried to kill a noble. A noble, who seemed to be a lot more involved than she had hoped. Maybe if she had gone for an adult she would have a better chance of getting killed off quickly. Sinking into the water, she hugged her knees to her chest while she stared at the water, a rippled version of herself staring back. Now she's stuck, being dragged around by some maid who seems to have the wrong idea.

"It's warm..." Her cheeks faintly flushed as she closed her eyes, relaxing with the water. After getting herself cleaned up, she got out and grabbed a towel drying herself off. She spotted what seemed to be a nice pair of clothes, but since they seemed like boys' clothes she could only assume they were just left in here by accident. Putting her tattered clothes back on, she opened the door to see the maid and creepy butler discussing something. However, their attention immediately turned to her and the maid gasped quickly walking into the bathroom.

"My lady, there were clothes in here for you to change into! Did you need assistance?" With a pause, the girl's cheeks flushed as she realized the misunderstanding before mumbling her reply.

"They were... boys' clothes, so I didn't think they were for me." Unfortunately, those words gave Sebastian ideas, and without a word, the smiling cat disappeared into the shadows while the girl was roped into wearing one of Ciel's childhood nightgowns.

Returning to her room completely worn out from the evening adventure she sat in bed, glad she was finally able to shake herself free of that noisy maid. With a sigh, she leaned back against the headboard, staring blankly ahead in the dimly lit room.

"Let's review.." She spoke softly, using this moment of peace to gather her thoughts.

"This is... number four.. no, five. I was able to escape, three times, but it still never worked out. This time, I realized it may work if done by someone else, but no one would do it for no reason." Her head tipped back as her gaze became caught in the shimmering canopy of the bed.

"This is the first time I've been in a manor before. It's as splendid as everyone says." Her eyes became heavy and she decided she had used enough braid power for the evening. Sliding down to lay on the comfortable mattress, the girl pulled the heavy blanket over herself. Even if she tried, it seemed impossible to keep her eyes open.

"If only it was under different circumstances... I might have been able to enjoy this." Her words whispered like a wish into the darkness before her body finally gave in to its exhaustion, succumbing to the slumber of the sandman.

The flickering flame of a candle illuminated the door frame of the girl's room as a dark figure stood there, looking on at the mysterious girl. The strange child with the unknown motive and story. Someone who only speaks of death comfortably. What an odd thing to have stumbled upon. A small smile rested on their lips before the light snuffed out, the soft waft of smoke becoming the only trace of someone being there, lingering for only a few moments.
© Copyright 2024 Alice (bunbun913 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318946-Black-Butler-Little-Sister-Scenarios