*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319045-Chapter-1-Suicide-B
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #2319045
In this bittersweet world, why is the human suicide rate so low at only 0.02%?
March 5, Nam Cheong Street, Sham Shui Po.

Li Qiwen, a 20-year-old girl, liked to make boyfriends through dedicated phone lines. She had always regarded love as a game and often liked to change partners, thinking it was a very interesting thing.

At that time, Qiwen had real feelings and fell in love with "him" sincerely.

However, Qiwen could not have guessed that "he" was a prodigal in love.

The situation where only Qiwen took the initiative to break up with the other party had changed.

This time, Qiwen was actively abandoned by "him"!

Tasting the feeling of being abandoned for the first time, Qiwen felt extremely humiliated and disappointed.

In the end, Qiwen decided to take death as revenge, and fell off a building in Nanchang Village and died!

At the scene of the crime of falling from a building, the police seized a small miscellaneous bag from Li Qiwen, which contained an ID card, a library card, an ATM card and a medical record card, which showed that she suffered from mental illness.

However, the police tried to find Qiwen's family based on the address on the medical record card but found that the address was incorrect.

In addition, a note was found instructing the police not to open the grocery bag and to turn the bag over to his parents.

There was even a phone number written on the note, and the man's name was written on it.

When officers called Tang, the person who answered the phone said the man didn't exist. He also revealed that two months ago, a woman often used this phone number to look for a man named Tang.

The police also found many men's names on Qiwen’s pager.

Since the case was still suspicious, it was handed over to the police's criminal investigation team for follow-up!

The leading detective responsible for investigating this case was Sergeant Chen Dazhong, who was in his thirties and very experienced in the police district.

Dazhong came here with Liang Wanzhen, a 22-year-old female detective who had just been transferred to the investigation team, to accumulate experience in investigating cases.

Wanzhen looked pretty and pleasant, with a childish look on her face. She was full of young people's character of not being afraid of difficulties, full of arrogance, confidence and courage.

While serving as a uniformed police officer, Wanzhen performed well at work. She later applied to work in a detective unit and was just transferred to the criminal investigation team.

This was Wanzhen's first time taking over a detective case. She was fresh and curious about everything in the investigation work. She carefully examined the various relics left by the deceased

"Miss, you have been observing the case for so long, what did you find?" Standing next to Wanzhen, Sergeant Chen Dazhong, who had rich experience in handling cases, couldn't help but chuckle to himself and became even more impatient with her behaviour.

"Well, Sergeant Chen, this case is indeed very suspicious, It's not like an ordinary suicide case." Wanzhen looked at Dazhong seriously.

"Oh, did you find anything suspicious?" Dazhong was curious.

"First of all, there is a note outside the deceased's utility bag, which we cannot open;" Wanzhen said what she thought was "suspicious."

"Yeah!" Dazhong responded casually.

"Secondly, the address on the medical record card is incorrect;" Wanzhen added.

"Hmm!" Dazhong held his chin.

"Also, the man named Tang can't be found in the phone number on the note, so I'm suspicious..." Wanzhen explained to Dazhong, gesticulating.

"What are you doubting?" Dazhong looked at Wanzhen intently.

"I doubt Li Qiwen committed suicide!" Wanzhen said her point of view.

"Not suicide?" Dazhong scratched his head.

"Yes, I think she was—murdered!" Wanzhen spit out her "conclusion."

"Murder?" Chen Dazhong was startled by Wanzhen's answer and didn't know whether to be angry or laugh.

"Yes, I think the man Tang turned his love for the deceased woman into hatred, so he pushed her down the building and then fled in fear of crime." Wanzhen said her "inference".

"Oh...? Why do you...have such an inference? " Dazhong suppressed his emotions and continued to ask.

"Sergeant Chen, can't you see that there are many men's names on the deceased's pager?" Wanzhen continued to explain her "reason."

"So what?" Dazhong sneered.

"The person Tang must have been abandoned by the deceased, and when their reconciliation failed, he killed her out of anger." Wanzhen combined the matter with her thoughts.

"But... the doubts you mentioned just now are most likely just caused by some misunderstandings and coincidences," Dazhong said.

“?”

"Years of experience tell me that this is just an ordinary suicide case. The front-line police handed the case to us because they were too cautious in many cases." Dazhong reminded Wanzhen.

"I think that since the front-line police officers handed over the case to us, there must be something to follow up. I think we must not take it lightly. We must investigate the suspicious points and confirm whether there are criminal elements in it!" Wanzhen said strictly.

"Oh!... In that case, you can do whatever you want!" Chen Dazhong was almost furious at Wanzhen's high-profile answer, but the procedure she said was true, he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't want to do unnecessary things. Dazhong had to investigate together with Wanzhen reluctantly.

Through the address registered on the pager, Dazhong and Wanzhen found the mother of the deceased Li Qiwen.

Her mother insisted that although her daughter was playful, she loved life and would never commit suicide.

Qiwen's mother also said that her daughter must have been murdered by a man named Tang. She wanted Wanzhen to arrest a man named Tang to avenge her daughter.

In addition, Qiwen's mother also told Wanzhen the correct way to find the man named Tang.

"Sergeant Chen, my inference was approved by the deceased's mother!" After Wanzhen and the deceased's mother took the confession, she became more confident and believed that her inference was correct.

"Miss, allow me to remind you that usually, the relatives of the deceased in a suicide case will not believe this tragic fact. There will be deviations in the confession, so it cannot be fully believed!" Dazhong upturned lips.

"Ah! I...didn't alert this. But...we still need to find the boyfriend of the deceased to confirm those doubts."Wanzhen felt as if she had been slapped by Chen, and her confidence was slightly shaken.

Soon, Wanzhen and Chen found the man named Tang Million and took him back to the police station for questioning.

"Tang Million, on the night of March 5th, did you see the deceased Li Qiwen?" Wanzhen asked him questions directly.

"Yes, I met her that afternoon and proposed that we break up," Tang Million said bluntly.

"How did Qiwen react?" Wanzhen asked again.

"She was very emotional at the time, so I stopped entangled with her and left in a hurry..." Tang Million said of the situation at that time.

"Where did you go after that?" Wanzhen continued to ask.

"I went to karaoke with my friends to sing and stay up all night," continued Tang Million.

"Hey, to be honest, was it because the courtship failed that pushed Li Qiwen to fall down the building?" Wanzhen turned her eyes and looked directly at Tang Million.

"Please don't make wild guesses. I didn't push her down the stairs. When I left, she was just emotional and fine." Tang Million denied it.

"Is this the case?" Wanzhen glanced out of the corner of her eye.

"At the party tonight, there are many friends who can vouch for me." Tang Million was made uneasy by Wanzhen's eyes.

"Mr. Tang, stop arguing. It's better to confess quickly. Maybe you can plead with the judge to reduce your sentence." Wanzhen changed her tone sharply.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" Tang Million kept shaking his head.

"Stop lying. I know you are the murderer who pushed Qiwen and fell from the building." Wanzhen slapped the table vigorously.

"I did not push her to fall. She... was mentally ill. What's so weird about committing suicide? Why do you have to say that I killed her?" Tom Million was shocked.

"Hmph! You're still so arrogant, believe it or not, I'm going to beat you?" Wanzhen stood up and lifted Tommy Million's collar with her hand as if she were going to attack.

"Wanzhen, stop!" Chen Dazhong, who was standing aside, saw this and immediately shouted, for fear of something going wrong.

"Mr. Tang...that's it, sign and confirm this confession, but you can't leave the country for the time being. If necessary, the police will summon you to come back and give a confession." Dazhong explained to Tang Million.

"Hey, this is just like human language!" After Tang Million signed the confession, he left angrily

Only Chen Dazhong and Liang Wanzhen were left in the evidence room.

"Sergeant Chen, why did you let Tang Million leave so easily?" Wanzhen said with blame.

"..." Chen Dazhong stared at Wanzhen without responding.

"His face makes me angry. I know he murdered the deceased, but he doesn't admit it. I want to hit him!" Seeing that Dazhong didn't answer, Wanzhen continued.

"Ms. Liang, you have received detective training, right?" Dazhong asked Wanzhen.

"Yes, I completed the detective training course before being transferred here." Wanzhen nodded.

"Are they teaching you how to cross-examine witnesses by beating them?" Dazhong asked back.

"No...no!" Wanzhen shook her head.

"Why do you use this method?" Chen Dazhong's eyes widened even more, and his voice was filled with reproach.

"I... think the reality is like this..." Wanzhen was so stared at that she didn't have the confidence to speak, so she spoke softly.

"Hey, it turns out you have a vibrant imagination." Dazhong upturned lips.

"Yes...I'm sorry, I was a little impulsive. I...just wanted to bring the murderer to justice as soon as possible." Wanzhen apologized.

"Wanzhen, he did not murder the deceased." Dazhong calmed down a little when he saw Wanzhen showing remorse.

"Oh, Sergeant Chen, why do you help those bad guys?" Wanzhen didn't understand.

"I'm not helping him. You should know that the time of death of the deceased was at night. If what he told was a lie, it would be easy to find out at the karaoke place. I believe he wouldn't dare to lie." Dazhong analyzed.

"This..." Wanzhen paused.

"Besides, his eyes were firm when he spoke, and it didn't seem like he was lying," Dazhong told Wanzhen from the perspective of being a bystander.

"Really...really? I...didn't pay attention to what you just said..." After listening to Sergeant Chen's analysis, Wanzhen realized that her observation skills were too poor.

"Also, if you are so impulsive, you will be in trouble if the other party files a complaint with the Complaints Division." Dazhong reminded.

"Yes...yes, I will keep improving." Wanzhen lowered her head.

"Hmm!" Dazhong nodded slightly.

"Excuse me...how to deal with it next?" Wanzhen politely asked Dazhong for advice.

"Well, let's first check whether Tang told lies. Then, wait for the detailed autopsy report before making a decision." Dazhong then explained the steps.

"Yes...yes." After this lesson, Wanzhen no longer dared to talk nonsense and obeyed his orders.

Looking back at Tang Million, not far from the police station, another man was waiting for him.

"Tang, was there any problem just now?" The man inquired Tang about the situation at the police station.

"Of course not, it's just a confession...the female police officer there is a bit fierce," Tang Million told the man the truth about the situation just now.

"Oh, don't worry if there is no problem...I want to thank you again for venting my anger for me!" The man smiled and thanked Tang Million.

"Haha, you're welcome. That bitch relied on her beauty to deceive your feelings... This time she didn't expect that she would fall into the hands of my love prodigal..." Tang Million was very proud.

"It's all because of your great skills." The man praised Tang Million again.

"Of course, it's just... I don't think she will commit suicide." Tang Million shook his head.

"Don't worry, didn't you say she was mentally ill? Her suicide had nothing to do with you." The man comforted Tang Million.

It turned out that Tang Million pursued and abandoned Li Qiwen to help the "man" vent his anger, causing her to commit suicide.

To thank Tang for his help, the "man" gave him a wad of banknotes. After Tang took the banknotes, he left happily.

Looking at it clearly from a close distance, although the "man" put on sunglasses and spoke fluent Chinese, it was not difficult to see that the "man" had analyzed the reasons for each suicide in Japanese in a mysterious place. A Japanese named Ryumoto!
© Copyright 2024 patrickcmk (patrickcmk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319045-Chapter-1-Suicide-B