*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319271-Thoughts-About-Life
Rated: E · Monologue · Biographical · #2319271
A brief overview of my own views on life in general.
I believe that the meaning of life is simple; to live it, experience it, and learn from it. As a child, I grew up in a nuclear family setting with two sisters and both my parents. I know that not all are fortunate enough to have done the same. My upbringing has made me into the man I am today. Thanks to the love and support of the people around me, I've done well enough for myself, and am happy with the outcome so far.

I have a healthy respect for life, but I also know that Mother Nature has a healthy respect for death. It is a cycle that is inevitable, but continuous. Everywhere on our planet, Mother Nature gives and takes appropriately. I believe that we should do the same as the dominant species of our planet. Let's work WITH Nature, rather than try to bend it to our will.

I have tried religion, and realized that it doesn't work for me. There are too many that condemn others for simply not following the same dogma or practices. I believe religion always leads to conflict, whether large or small in scale, depends on the dogma. I believe that God is all things, all the time, everywhere. Humans do not have the capacity of thought to understand that perspective. That's what makes it God.

Having said these things, it's time to bring in politics. My views are as simple as what Patrick Henry stated to the Second Virginia Convention in March of 1775. "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death." Lastly, I lean toward a libertarian mindset. The last line of the Wiccan Rede sums up my perspective nicely. "An it harm none, do what ye will."
© Copyright 2024 John Q Public (johnquarles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319271-Thoughts-About-Life