*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319327-Its-Fun
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2319327
Flash Fiction
It’s Fun

“Do you believe in ghosts?”

“Pfffft. No!”

“Why not?”

“A ghost is a dead person floating around like a cloud with a face? Pfff.”

“Where did you get your ghost info?”

“That’s what they are, isn’t it? A cloudy image of a former person? In reality, you die, you rot away like tomatoes left in the sunny window!”

“Who says that!?”

“What else could happen? No more heart pumping, no more breathing, no more eating…”

“Eating?”

“Well, you know, you can’t eat if your dead and you can’t live if you stop eating.”

“You seem very opinionated on this subject.”

“Well, you asked…”

“Oh yeah.”

“Why did you ask anyway?”

“Well, we’ve known each other for a while, I just wondered if you believed in ghosts.”

“Why ghosts?”

“Well… I’m a ghost.”

Uncontrollable laughter, “You’re an idiot!”

“Probably, but also a ghost…” and he faded very slowly into a cloud like shape and disappeared.

Jack just stood there looking at the place Alex used to be standing in. He stood there for a goodly amount of time, and then he shook his head and walked home.

“Why’d you do that?” Andrea asked Alex.

“I just told him the truth.”

“And now he won’t want to be friends with you, will he?”

“Watch…”

As Jack walked down the street, Alex came out from behind a building, “Hey, what’s up?” he said.

“Nothing…” Jack said, “you?”

Later when Andrea met Alex again, she was excited. “Show me how to do that!”

“You just do it. Nobody wants to believe in ghosts.”

“Well, why do you scare them then?”

“Cause it’s fun.”

“I like the way you think!”
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319327-Its-Fun