*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319459-The-Great-Unknown
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2319459
A Brief Trip Through My Mind...
I sit here at my desk writing about things of which I have no direct knowledge. I cannot change the course of events with my writing, but I can mold the minds of others who can. That is my power. My only power in my old age. Everywhere I turn there is someone attempting to either harness this power or take it away from me altogether.
I will not sit idly by and let those who cannot control those who will. We have the answers to the next generation's questions before they are asked. We must decide now to provide those solutions when the matrix is still forming, not when it is set and hardened. Any fool knows that it is easier to bend steel when it is hot and molten than when it is hard and fast. The same thing applies to the minds of our youth.
If we are to be the masters of the universe, we must first master ourselves and before we can do that, we must teach the next generation one immutable resource: respect. For us, and for each other. Respect has ended more conflicts than love, or any other emotion.
© Copyright 2024 John Boswell (dstockwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319459-The-Great-Unknown