*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319514-Kaths-numerology-Book
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Fantasy · #2319514
Adam goes on another expedition. Upon his return he gives Kath the fated book
It has been a few months since the last time I saw Dad. From what I could tell he feels a disturbance in the Chien. While I am able to calculate from the top of my head what heavenly bodies are present in what positions for a person's original birthday, I am not sure exactly what each thing means. In his case, all bodies are in fire signs. Even if I could tell what each aspect means, in Dad's case, his behavior suggests that one body is in 3 signs: Leo, Aries, and Sagittarius. This unique combo, at least according to him, only exists for him and my ex Mom. Unfortunately, I cannot fully appreciate his chart, because I am cursed. Anytime I hold any writing utensil, that arm sends a jolt down into my brain. Then it locks up. I can only release the utensil to use my arm again.

I have also noticed that I can easily hold daggers and other weapons while sparring with Dad. Yet, thge moment I think about wounding myself with the weapon or writing in the sand, then I feel that nostalgic jolt again. I truly hate not being able to write. Luckily, if I truly need to write something down, Dad is home roughly 9 months out of 12. When I catch him in a good mood, then I can talk him into taking notes for me. Plus, this leads to him eventually getting another book on my behalf that grants me a more thorough explanation than he does. Or it grants me a different perspective full of novel insights.

For the most part I enjoy his company, because it is entertaining for us to have verbal sparrings. Once in a while, he recalls something I said during one of them and makes it known that he spoke impulsively earlier. THen he makes a strong point of supporting my counter's idea proactively. Like I thought earlier, this eventually includes another book to be included in my library. Once in a while, the book is written by him.

These books have shown me how old he is. From what he says, the stars took certain positions in the night sky. If my calculations are right, then he was born 392 years ago. Luckily, Dad agrees with my calcs.

Then I recall hearing about Numerology from him. He finds it fascinating, because somehow how sounds are organized into an alphabet correlates with their various values. Then these values can be added and reduced until 3 aspects of a person's name are found. They are Su, Fn, and Oe. His impatience gets the best of him when talking about it, so I don't know what Su, Fn, or Oe refer to in brief.

It is upon thinking about my frustration with his sometimes impulsive nature that I hear the front door open and close. I am staying in my bedroom on the second floor. There is a Pistachio nut tree just outside my window. Before heading down to greet him, I open my window and grab a few pistachios. I decide to play it cool as I head downstairs and only shout when I am on the third stair.

He shouts, "Hello Kathreptis" from the kitchen.

It only takes me 5 or 6 strides from the bottom stair to see inside the kitchen. He has already sliced a salame and one third of a loaf of bread. Clearly he is hungry enough from a long flight that quenching his hunger is more important right now than seeing me. While I cannot fly, I can run long distances. This level of activity produces a deep desire to eat upon slowing down and knowing you will not be resuming the strenuous activity. While I don't like him for this strong desire, I do respect him enough to not actually feel betrayed.

Then I see a book called Gemini's Numerology: How to write your Novel lying on the table. Clearly (is this now a favorite word of mine, and when do that happen?) he loves me enough that on his journey he recalled us talking about numerology. I now feel like I betrayed him. He does not need to know this. "Did you have a long flight home?"

He says, "Am I being that obvious? Yes, it was a long flight home. When I left, I could hear Fire. Or what the Sagittariens' book calls Chien. As you know, after my meditations, I take flight. While sitting meditation is best for listening to my thoughts, taking flight helps me see beyond those thoughts. Unfortunately, thanks his roar, I could not sit. I had to fly off at once. It took about 10 flaps of my wings to locate the direction of his voice. Then I headed over to the disturbance. Upon restoring order to the disturbance, they hosted a feast in my honor. This morning, I ate privately with the major of that city. He already knew I have a son waiting for my arrival back home and that the flight would take me nearly all day long. Normally, the serpentaris' holes would provide a shortcut, but lately I feel a forboding upon entering them. Until a fierarian relays a carrier bird about a seen evil presence, I don't want to risk going through them. Most likely, it is nothing. I just don't want to run the risk of being injured and your having to nurse me back to health."

I say, "I take it you successfully dealt with the disturbance. Was it public unrest or did they deal with another demonic attack?"

He says, "From what I could tell it seemed first like public unrest. However, after a couple of weeks, I discovered it is instigated by one strong demon. I never did discover the name of the demon. However, I did make it much harder for the demon to possess other citizens. This demon would cause the citizens care too much about taking risks they would otherwise happily take. Things like asking men on dates opening a restaurant just were not happpening. Then when the major started parading around her harem of men, that was the final straw. The citizens thought their lack was caused by her exuberant gain. The fact was she did this to show that others are more than capable of risking pain by enticing would be lovers. Only her most devouted followers knew about her ruse. Thanks to her being part of the military, which is a major part of Fierarians, I could sense this disproportion in power.
© Copyright 2024 CarlosP. (myrddin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319514-Kaths-numerology-Book