*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319848-Emotional-fulfilment--capitalism-draft
by micah
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Educational · #2319848
Ideas, observations on internet+ modern culture excludes fulfilling emotional interaction


Talking honestly and complexly about emotions is one of the only things aside from food that fills the human soul, and a lot of rhetoric in america does not acknowledge that. Consumerist rhetoric aims to disorient the viewer from the emotional things that matter in their lives to then exploit them by making them think that they should purchase a product to fill that void in themselves.

On the website that I am typing this essay on, there is an add and a "utility" button that says "Your text might contain writing issues," use Grammarly to check your text. This infers the emphasis of grammar on an essay rather than the honesty and soundness of the ideas. It is fulfilling to focus on truth and build one's own personal metrics of their works. However, it is easy to get sucked into a fulfillingless cycle of searching for meeting metrics and checking the boxes of formality. Countless automated tools offer to grade your paper for its reading level or plagiarism score, when these metrics only mean something when included as part of a broader more complex discussion from human to human. On their own, they are cheap and empty.

I run a

In a modern American work/schoolplace, a human can physically survive without being vulnerable with other people. Money and commodification of necessities like food water and room mean that a human can do a simple emotionally unattached job and go do their routine, buy food from a store, sleep in the room they pay rent for with money, and do it again tomorrow. Thats how capitalism wants humans to act, and it sets up a pathway for that. It uses rhetoric like "keep good habits" "consistent bedtime" "work and play" to keep work in the mind. However, this is not natural for humans, where hunter gatherers were determined to only work 20 hours a week hunting and gathering in groups, where emotional bond was key. Joy feels good because it was a motivating emotion to keep humans alive in the wild, where we evolved to feel it. Chasing happiness kept us alive, so if you were alive you felt happy. Hunting and gathering and doing house chores in a hunter gatherer world felt good because you were doing things directly for your group and you socially interacted as a part of those actions. I gave you a tool I made by handing it to you and smiling and you smiling and then for the next month I saw the joy you got out of using that tool.

We are not meant to live alone, keeping our thoughts in our heads. We are meant to very much more be around people we trust, sharing ideas. When you open up to people, life makes sense.
© Copyright 2024 micah (micahpowch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319848-Emotional-fulfilment--capitalism-draft