*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319874-A-scar-from-the-past
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Relationship · #2319874
Just two weeks
Everyone sees and hears something a little different. Isn't that a truth of art? What I see is a memory. 'A Fortnight' is the first song by Tyler Swift I actively listened to—no, intentionally tested if it moved me.

The lyrics brought back a bitter-sweet memory. Back in the day, I had a friend whose husband cheated on her.

And, yes, one night, we had too much to drink, and we became too close. We touched as the sang says. So, Miss Swift, the ride took me to a distance past, over 30 years ago. In a time of hurt, a fortnight can temporarily help the pain. However, it is just as likely to leave a scar.

So, the song speaks of a dark truth about relationships. A relationship built from betrayal can and often does create a temporary relief, 'A Fortnight.' However, that fortnight can and possibly will affect the rest of one's life.
© Copyright 2024 Dale Ricky (dalericky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319874-A-scar-from-the-past