*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319893-We-Have-To-Plan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Animal · #2319893
Orville and Wilbur become heros.
We Have To Plan


Orville looked at Wilbur. He watched as he strutted around, looking for edibles. He walked faster to catch up with him.

“What’s the plan?”

“First, I plan to eat breakfast. Then lunch. Finally, I guess I’ll eat dinner,” Wilbur replied.

“What about other stuff?”

“I suppose I’ll have to do my business more than once. I hope I can find enough satellite dishes. They’re getting scarcer. Maybe I’ll just leave my calling card on a ledge or two.”

“Don’t you ever do anything else?”

“What else is there?”

“We can do some flying around the city. Splash in a fountain. Visit the park and get treats from the folks who like to feed us. That stuff.”

“Sounds too complicated and exhausting,” Wilbur said.

“Suit yourself, but I’m gonna do it. You never know it might get exciting!”

Wilbur ruffled his feathers in derision and left.

Orville took to his wings and headed to the park. He spent some quality time on the statues, then he headed for the fountain for a refreshing bath. Just as he finished, he spotted Wilbur.

“I changed my mind; it sounds like fun, and it is so far,” he told his friend.

The pair headed for the benches and the people who enjoyed feeding birds.

“Something’s up. That lady over there is getting picked on by a young man,” Orville said.

“Let’s get him!” Wilbur said and started to dive.

“Bombs away!” Orville said and let fly.

The pigeons fluttered around pecking and digging their claws into the punk when they could.

“Someone’s called the cops!” Wilbur announced and landed on the back of the bench. Orville joined him and they watched the action.

“You were right! That was fun!” Wilbur sighed as they roosted for the night on the statue.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319893-We-Have-To-Plan