*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/275099-Aces-Coup
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #275099
This is the fifth, and most recent addition. It is not finished . . . .
Anne Wilks paced restlessly through her living room. The two men seated across from each other watched her silently. Dale frowned, concerned. His black eyes met Pat Jackson's.

"Are you sure there is nothing we can do?"

The lawyer shook his head. "As far as the CWA is concerned, Nik is a dangerous child, lacking the support and specialized care he needs."

"But our home, all the work we've been doing? Doesn't that count for anything?"

"I'm afraid not. The CWA will site Nik's frequent escapes. They've already used the last fire to convince the judge to authorize that warrant." He gestured to the paper on the table before them. "I can't do anything to even allow you to see your son."

Dale leaned back with a sigh. "I know, Pat. You did warn us. But Nik is a teenager. A very troubled young man with a unique gift."

Pat smiled slightly. "That sounds like Greg. And he's right. Unfortunately, the CWA will only say that that is exactly why Nik should be in a special home."

"You mean a rat in a maze."

"Anne, I can find no evidence to suggest Nik was taken by the military. None. Zip. Nadda. Look, you and I both know Nik's not in that hospital. But proving it?" He shook his head. "I'm getting nowhere. I'm sorry."

"So we just sit here and wait?" Anne demanded.

"Look, I wasn't going to tell you this because I didn't want to get your hopes up, but I've managed to get myself an interview with Captain Maguire of the FBI. He's agreed to talk with me about your son. See if we can't get Nik declared an adult. If so, they could hire him. He'd be almost untouchable. But, in order to get that done, Greg would have to interview Nik, as well as one of the federal psychologists. Which means we first have to locate him."

"You think this will work?" Dale asked, squeezing his wife's hand.

"It has a good shot, yes. Better than anything else I can think of. I have to talk to the captain to be sure, and frankly he has a lot to deal with already."

"I want to be there."

"I thought you might, Anne, that's why I asked him here. He should be here any minute. And I've also asked Greg in on this. He's worked with the FBI before."

The door opened.

"Mommy? There's a man here."

Anne turned to give her son a hug. "Hello, Greg. Please, come in." She ruffled Marcus' hair gently. "Thank you, kiddo. Why don't you ask Roger's mom if you can stay over for dinner."

"Really? Wow!" He was out the door in a shot.

"Have you found out anything?" Dale was asking.

Greg sat down heavily. "No, not at all. The hospital staff won't let me past the doors. They're saying Nik doesn't wish to see me. Which I don't believe at all."

"Why do you say that?" Pat asked. "I thought he hated to talk to you."

"He does. But you see, Nik cannot bear to be confined. If he were really locked up in one of those rooms, well, he wouldn't be. He'd have burned his way out days ago. Or he's been kept sedated."

"That's illegal for a minor."

"Exactly, Pat, that's why he cannot possibly be still there."

"Then the military . . . ."

"No," Greg shook his head, "they haven't a clue."

"No one I talked to gave me any indication of that," Pat protested.

"You're not a psychologist. I think they knew where he was at some point. In fact, my guess is they did try to take Nik, but he gave them the slip somehow."

"Now wait a minute, there's no proof--"

"Of course not, that'd be asking the President and the Chief of Staff to descend on them. If you think for a minute that woman would let us prove she had something on her, you've got another think coming. I know you're proud of this plan of yours, Pat, but we need Nik in order to make it work. Right now he's scared and either running or hiding. I don't think any one of us will be able to convince him to come out."

"You don't think he'll give himself away?"

"No, Dale, I don't. That last blast was powerful, yes, but it was unlike anything I've ever seen him do."

"Some kind of gas caused that explosion."

"Exactly. Nik, and I'm guessing here, but I believe Nik has found a way to master this gift of his. He was very close, very close in our last sessions."

"But it was a fire that made him run."

"Anne, I don't think so. You told me it was small, that he'd hurt his hands."

"There wasn't a mark on him when I found him," Dale said.

"I bandaged them myself."

"We're not saying you didn't. But he did put the fire out himself, didn't he?"

Anne nodded.

"You see, he has learned."

"But he was so frightened."

"Frightened? Or angry?"

"Before you start debating this," Pat interrupted, "can you assure me Nik could handle himself in court? That I wouldn't be jeopardizing anyone's safety?"

"I can. Nik has never hurt anyone. Ever."

"Nothing would catch fire at all? I have to be sure, Greg. If he so much as makes a spark, I can tell you now any hope would be gone."

"I wish I could say for sure, but I won't know until I talk to him. And that," he grumbled, "is easier said than done."

The doorbell rang. Anne, still standing, went to the door. A young man, maybe twenty-two or three, stood there awkwardly, tugging on his tie.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"I'm Captain Daniel Maguire, FBI. I'm here to--"

"Oh, yes, yes, please come in. We're all right over here."

Pat stood. He shook hands with the young agent. "Dale, Greg, Anne, I'd like to introduce Daniel Maguire, FBI. Dan, Anne and Dale are the boy's parents."

Daniel shook their hands. "I understand your son is rather gifted."

Anne grinned. "You might say that."

"Greg was just saying he believes Nik has learned control."

"That is good news," Dan admitted. "Doctor Ho is not an easy man."

"Can you help my son?" Dale asked.

"I believe so. Right now, however, I'm trying to find another runaway. Once she is found, then I'll be able to concentrate more fully on your son."

"Are you the one looking for Ace?"

"I am."

"Is she in a great deal of trouble?"

"Yes. That I am sure of. But, we're on her trail. It shouldn't be long. As to your son, Mrs. Wilks, I did manage to find one thing. Nik is not being held by the military. But," he held up a finger as Anne opened her mouth, "they did have him."

"He escaped?"

"He did, Doctor. And he caused a lot of damage. They tell me they're willing to say it never happened if, and this is entirely dependent on you, you will agree to forget their involvement. Otherwise, I have a list of the damages. It is a hefty sum. Also," he continued, "I have the Colonel's sworn word she will give up your son if we can prove he is rational, and able to make his own choices."

"Her word doesn't mean anything."

"You're right, it doesn't, but it's a start. The UF is interested. Don't get me wrong here when I say they have the final say. Because of the war going on, legally, we, the FBI, have no jurisdiction in this matter. I have already sent up the necessary paperwork declaring my own involvement in the matter. The policy so far has been to allow us to recruit for them. In other words, we hire the person and the UF hires them from us. This has worked to our benefit many times. In a lot of cases, the UF can afford far more protection than we can."

Anne frowned. "And what has all this got to do with Nik?"

"Your son Nik, if we can prove he's not dangerous to himself or anyone else and is mentally capable of making his own decisions as an adult, will have the option of going through this program. It is similar to what the Ruiz boy is doing."

"Terry?"

"Yes, ma'am. Depending on his abilities, we can assign him several jobs, if you will, right here in town which would then let him stay with you."

"This is going to work?" Dale asked doubtfully.

"It has before. While I cannot make any guarantees, this is your only option if you wish your son any kind of happiness. I can guarantee he won't find that slaving for the American government."

"And what makes the UF so much better?" Anne asked.

"The U.S. is only a portion of the UF. If Nik, in a sense, belonged to the UF, he would belong to the most elite and sought after group of scientists, doctors, and engineers in the world. And in this case, everything he did would have to be cleared through us. Me, if you allowed me to act as his sponsor. Or someone else, it really wouldn't matter. So in effect, he would be and FBI agent working for the UF to further the future of the world, together, not just one piece of it. When Nik turns eighteen, of course he would be able to make his own decisions. But then if he was eighteen, the UF would already be at your door, trying to hire the boy. Going through the FBI gives you a little more oomph with the UF."

"Why can't we just go to the UF, then?"

"Nik is not eighteen. Physically, he's not an adult. Until then, the UF cannot interfere because they would be unable to claim him as a natural resource. Let me assure you, the UF will leap at this chance. My boss is eager as well."

"This will be safe?"

"Yes. As I said, this has worked in the past. Nik is unusual, yes, but if we can prove he's not dangerous, there should be no problems."

"That's just the point," Anne said. "We've been trying to prove that for years. Just how do you plan to succeed this time?"

"First off, I have documented proof Nik is not in the hospital. Anywhere. I also have documentation of Nik's escape. Which I can't show you. Nik would have to agree, but if we can give another such demonstration, I think we'll have proved ourselves. The only thing after that is getting Dr. Ho to declare Nik a stable personality, mentally aware and competent."

"You will be allowed, with Nik," Pat added, "to write your own contract."

Daniel nodded. "Yes. And Mr. Jackson is allowed to assist. I would suggest writing down specific things. This will make it easier to draft later on. I will warn you now that you will not be allowed to speak of this to anyone. If you like, I can contact the Ruiz's and give them permission to speak to you. They've been in the program several years now."

"We would like that," Dale answered. "We certainly don't want to rush into anything."

"Right now," Daniel said, "you're rushing straight into disaster. Once the CWA has Nik they won't let him go. I have requested more personnel, but I am unlikely to get them. Talk to anyone who might know where he is. Find him. Only then can I help you."

"What if we can't find him?" Anne asked.

"The longer he remains missing, the less our chances are. And don't have him come back here. Tell him to stay where ever he's hidden himself away and to contact me." He held out a business card. "This is the number for my mobile phone. I can help him if he agrees to our plan. It would be a good idea for Nik to talk to Terry Ruiz. They are friends? Good. I will contact Terry. It may be that Nik won't call you, so you may next hear from me. The court day will be soon. The day of or the day after we find Nik. You won't have much time. I've sent for Dr. Ho, Doctor, he should be contacting you shortly. I understand this is a lot of information to take at one time, but as far as Mr. Jackson and I were able to determine, it's Nik's only chance to grab control over his life."

Daniel stood, shook hands with the parents. "Good luck, Mr. Wilks, Mrs. Wilks. Call me if you have any questions Mr. Jackson can't answer for you."

"Thank you," Anne said.

Daniel smiled. "Your son is very lucky. Hopefully, that luck will hold and this will all come out okay." He nodded slightly, striding off down the corridor.

Anne shut the door quietly, thinking. She looked up at her husband. He shrugged with his eyebrows, as if to say, "I'm as baffled as you are." But he smiled, too, hopeful, his mind churning through the data, searching as always for an answer to life's current riddle.




Libby narrowly dodged the enemy weapon. She tumbled across the lunar landscape, gasping for breath. "Hurry up, Terry!" she snapped.

Terry's voice echoed a little in her ears. "Why don't you change to your medium, Libby?"

"Are you crazy?" she shot back. "This is the moon, Terry, I'd freeze. Get blasted into tiny ice cubes." She destroyed another craft. "Infinitesimal ice cubes," she muttered.
"This is amazing," Terry murmured. "This place is huge!"

Grumbling under her breath, Libby dodged, fired, and ran. She shot away across the surface, doubling back and trying to shake off her pursuers. Abruptly, the menace disappeared. Libby stopped, staring around, panting. She found herself suddenly illuminated by a spotlight.

"This is the UF. Planet Earth. Identify yourself."

Libby shook her head inside her helmet. She stared up at the craft surrounding her. "Terry?" she said, "Did you hear that?"

"Yeah. You'd best get out of there. They may be able to hear us."

"You don't have to tell me twice." Libby leaped upward, firing her jets. She shot past the UF patrol ships, heading out into space. "Terry," she called, "let's get out of here."

"Just a minute, Libby, this is really interesting."

"Very funny!" she snapped back. "Get up here!" Glancing back over her shoulder, Libby saw the UF still followed. She weaved back and forth, evading their weapons easily. "Terry, come on!" She dipped back across the surface, dropping into a crater. In the dark, the UF patrol ships went on by.

"All right, let's go."

Ace started. "Dammit, Terry!" she hissed.

Terry blasted off the moon, closely followed by Libby. They were almost to the rendezvous before the UF patrol ships located them.

"What time is it, Terry?"

"Not past our deadline, Mack should transport us as soon as we're in range."

"Pick up the pace, then."

"What?" Terry asked over a sudden buzzing. "Libby? I didn't hear you."

Libby shook her head again. What was with the buzzing? She didn't get hit, did she?

Over the static, Terry thought he heard someone talking. "What?" he asked again. "Libby, what's wrong with your radio?"

"Terry!" Nik yelled.

Libby and Terry almost halted, both their ears ringing over the volume.

"Not so loud," Libby said, wincing.

"Sorry," Nik said, softer, "I wasn't getting through before."

"Nik!" Terry exclaimed. "What's going on? Why aren't you up here?"

"How are you talking to us?"

"I don't know, exactly, I just started pushing buttons. Hey, um, Mack isn't here? What am I supposed to do?"

"He's not there?" Terry asked.

"No, I --"

Again, Libby and Terry winced as loud static exploded in their ears. Then the noise died away.

"Nik?" Terry asked. "Nik!"

"Scratch that," Libby sighed. "Now what?"

"We're obviously not going home the way we got out here. Come on, I'll take us both into the moon. We should be safe there. At least for a while."

"But, Terry," Libby protested, "you'll be too tired supporting the both of us."

"What do you suggest, then?"

"I can dissolve in the atmosphere--"

"No way, you'd burn up long before then. We don't now if these suits'll handle a re-entry." Terry flipped over to face the patrol ships. "Come, on, Libby, perhaps we can get close enough to one of the cities to allow you into the water supply."

"Impossible," Libby said, turning to follow, "the water supply isn't kept in the ground, it's brought in as ice and -- oh, that's it, I'll dive into the polar ice caps."

"Race you, then!"




The blast knocked Nik sideways. He glanced up, automatically brushing aside the smoke. He could hear Dog barking, then nothing. He and the robotic dog waited, tense, frightened, staring at the destroyed elevator door. After a while, when nothing appeared, Nik straightened, moving toward the door. Peering inside, he stared uncomprehendingly at the slag. He looked over at Dog.

"What's going on, eh?"

Dog scowled. "You're asking me?"

"Ah!" Nik yelped, taking several hasty steps back. "You talk!"

Dog growled. "Yes I do, so quit acting like a Neanderthal and lets find out what's going on."

"Wh-at?" Nik stammered. He gulped, flushing under Dog's glare. "What's a neand, neander-whatzzit?"

"Nevermind." Dog clumped his way over to the computer. "What did you do?" he asked, eyeing the screen grimly.

"I, uh, pushed some buttons?"

"I can see that! Get over here and push that green one, top right."

Nik inched his way past the dog. "This one?"

"Yes. Push it!"

Nik jumped back as a siren sounded and green lights began flashing. Onto the computer screen flashed pictures of the outside and inside of the barn and house.

"Stop!" Dog said suddenly.

The pictures stopped flashing on a view just outside the barn. Mack lay sprawled on the old brick pathway. Standing over him, two pink-suited aliens stood guard.

Dog cursed. "They've got him," he growled.

"But Mack is an alien," Nik said. "Why's he been attacked?"

Dog turned on him. "How do you know that!"

"I, I heard, um the aliens asked me about him. Isn't he one of them?"

"Not exactly. Great, this is bad."

"No kidding," Nik muttered. "So what do we do?"

"We have to get you kids out of here. Look, see that box there? Grab it."

Nik found the box, opening the lid as Dog directed.

"Those two necklaces are yours and Ace's. Take them, they'll let you transform where ever you are, and some other stuff. Get out of that suit."

Nik set the box down, retreating gratefully. When he returned a few minutes later, he found Dog working a set of controls that pushed out of the floor.

"Cool," he said. "Where'd that come from?"

Dog ignored the question. "Damn!" he gowled. "Where'd those kids go?" He stared up at Nik. "Weren't you talking to them before?"

"Uh, yeah."

"How?"

"I'm not sure. I think it was this switch here."

"Push it then!"

"Terry, Libby?" Nik said. "Can you hear me?"

"We're," Libby panted, "kind of busy, Nik. What?"

"Get back to the rendezvous," Dog barked. "I'm bringing you back."

"Mack?" Terry asked.

"Just hurry," Nik answered.

Dog watched his instruments carefully, pulling back the two teenagers as soon as they came into range. "Get out of those and get back here," he commanded them as soon as they arrived. Too tired to argue, Libby and Terry obeyed. "Put on that necklace," he told Nik.

"But I don't wear jewel -- fine, fine," he grumbled. Reaching inside the box, Terry pulled out the firebird on it's gold chain, slipping it over his head. He slid Ace's dove into a pocket.

"What is going on?" Libby demanded, stumbling into the controlroom.

"I'm sending you home," Dog answered.

"Where's Mack?" Terry asked, entering.

"He's been kidnapped," Nik said.

"Where's Nik going to go, then?" Libby asked.

"Going where?" Terry asked.

"Children!" Dog snapped. "I have no time to explain what you wouldn't understand anyway --"

"Mack's an alien."

"What?" Libby gasped.

"Nik!" Dog growled angrily.

"How can Mack be an alien?"

"Who would want to kidnap Mack?"

"Enough, enough, enough, enough!" Dog shouted. He bared his teeth at the three. "Be quiet."

"Shouldn't we rescue him?" Libby asked.

"Who's kidnapped him?"

"Aliens."

"I thought you said Mack was --"

"Stop ignoring me!" Dog's ears twitched in irritation. "You're going home until I can figure out what to do."

"But Mack's just outside," Nik protested.

"Then we're going after him," Terry decided.

"No!" Dog yelped, "You're too tired. You won't make it."

"I will," Nik volunteered. "The aliens've already seen me anyway."

"No! You cannot reveal yourselves or this facility."

The green lights changed to flash red. "WARNING, INTRUDER. WARNING, INTRUDER."

Dog slapped the controls, silencing the alarms.

"Looks like they've found us already," Terry said.

Dog sat back on his haunches. "Fine, fine, fine! But if you get caught, I won't help you."

"You will," Libby said, smiling. "You have to."

"Earth is my strength," Terry chanted, grasping his pendant.

"Water is the life-force," Libby also sang.

Nik was quick to copy. "Fire gives me purpose."

"I call upon my strength . . . ."

"I call upon life . . . ."

"I call upon your purpose . . . ."

"TRANSFORM!"

Ready, the three stepped one after the other into the beam. Terry launched himself at the first of Mack's guards, slamming into the alien with brutal force. Libby, close behind, attacked the other guard. Nik emerged more cautiously from where the beam had left him just inside the barn.

"There's five more," Terry whispered where he knelt by Mack. "Two that way, one inside the house, and two more over that way."

Nik eased his way back into the barn. He tiptoed through the assorted junk, peering out a crack in a wall. He could just barely make out one of the aliens. Focusing, Nik called upon fire, as he had during his recent captivity. He smiled grimly as he heard the aliens' shocked reply to the grass at his feet suddenly catching fire. The commotion brought the other guard close enough that Nik, melting through the metal-patched wooden walls, could hit them both with the pulse of his radio waves.

"Got my two," he told the others.

Libby stalked 'her' two aliens more subtly. Setting her hand to the ground, Libby caused the water lying just beneath the surface to freeze, capturing both aliens. "Nik," she said, "get those guns before they figure out what's going on."

Coming around the edge of the barn, Nik melted the weapons, hitting the aliens with a pulse strong enough to knock them out.

Terry deposited the last alien in the heap with the others. "Mack's going to be okay. He's just unconscious. Dog gave him something, so he should be coming around soon. How come you guys never told me Dog could talk?"

"Libby shrugged.

"Didn't know," Nik answered. "Just found out, too."

"What do these guys want with Mack?"

"He's an alien, Libby, like I said."

"But then, why all . . this?" Terry asked, gesturing around.

"The guy I talked to," Nik replied, "said something about Mack being a renegade."

"You think they've been searching for him and that's why they're here?" Libby asked.

"I don't think he's the reason," Nik said. "They called Mack evil, sort of."

"Hmmm," Terry murmured. "I guess we'll have to find out from him. Are you sure that's what they said?"

"Why else would he have made all this?" Nik demanded. "He's on our side. That alien guy was really mad when he found out I knew Mack?"

"Did I miss something?" Libby asked. "When were you talking to aliens?"

"I got captured." He shivered. "I was like those rats we dissected in biology."

"You are all right?" Terry asked.

"Fine. I got them back." Nik grinned. "Hey! I know, let's give these guys to the police. Or the military. Really freak them out!"

"But where'd they come from? And how'd they find us?"

"Power output, probably," Terry said. "We do have to get rid of them somehow. But no one'll see them in those clothes. And who knows, they might not breathe air."

"They do. Saw 'em. Besides, why do we have to hide them? They're aliens, Terry."

"Having these guys suddenly pop up out of nowhere will probably start a panic," Libby said. "The people don't even know there's aliens watching them."

"We can't just leave them here!"

Terry yawned. "Sorry, guys, but I'm not going to be able to do much more."

Sighing, Libby agreed. "We're exhausted, Nik."

“And what we saw!" Terry shook his head. "We haven't got time for this."

"It's dark anyway, Nik. Let's see if Dog can help us figure out what to do."




Paul pushed away from the computer, throwing his hands up. "I give up!" He leaned back, eyeing Will where the young man typed doggedly into his laptop. "I can't figure out this code. Tell me again why your sister sent it to us?"

Will looked up, dark circles under his eyes making him appear much older. "She want us to track her."

"Right, right, so that when the heist is complete, we'll be able to find out where she is." He groaned, rubbing his eyes. "There's got to be an easier way."

Will nudged the other file's hardcopy. "No, there's not."

Paul picked up the papers, flipping through the data again. He sighed.

"Ace's good, isn't she?"

Paul glared at the boy, but he couldn't help grinning. He nodded. "Yes, but reading her code is like trying to read a foreign language written in pig-latin."

"Pig what?"

"Forget it, before your time. Come on, let's take a break and get something to eat."

"Wait, I've just about finished."

"Finished what?"

"Decoding the message Ace sent."

"She sent you something?"

Will rolled his eyes. "When I talked to Ace before, she wrote an encrypted message into the written one she sent. And . . that about does it. There!"

Daniel knocked on the open door. "Dinner anyone?" He stared at the two, leaning together over Will's laptop. "What are you doing?"

"I've finished," Will answered.

"What does it say?"

"Well," Will read, "it says: Shawn has me. He thinks me and Patti and Jimmy are brother and sisters. Don't know where we are. He wants some kind of special weapon. According to FBI files, Captain Maguire is trustworthy." Will looked up at the man. "She was going to call you."

Daniel nodded. "Go on."

"Um, she also says: Tell Terry. Exes and ohs."

"Who's Terry?" Paul asked.

"One of Ace's friends. And one of Nik's, I might add."

"How did that go, by the way?"

"They seem willing to do anything to find their son."

"Nik's weird."

Daniel smiled. "You're weird, Will. Okay, here's the deal. I've checked with all my contacts, in and outside the agency. That file your sister got is not going to be easy to prove."

"Can't you do it?"

"I have to, Will. More lives are at stake than you realize."

"I can understand. Ace's my sister."

"She is, you hacker," Paul agreed, squeezing the boy's shoulder. "That's why we have to watch out for you. Did you move the safehouse, Dan?"

"I did. The others are safe. I'm the only on who knows where they are now. Sorry, Will, I can't even tell you."

"So what are we going to do?"

"Paul is going to keep working on this program, with your help, and I'm going to keep after that." He pointed at the file. "Trouble is, how do you go about proving your country is committing treason?"

Paul scowled. "And that weapon that guy is after -- Will, who's this Shawn fellow?"

"He's Mom's boss. Runs a club downtown." He made a face. "Ace didn't like him."

"What kind of a club?" Daniel asked.

"Don't know. Mom danced there, though. So did Aunt Meg."

"And the other children? Who are they?"

"Aunt Meg's kids. I don't know why he thinks they're my sisters."

"Could he have mistaken your mom for your aunt?" Paul asked.

Will shook his head. "Mom and Aunt Meg look nothing alike. And Mom was one of his girls."

"His girls?"

"That's what Ace said. He must have Aunt Meg, too."

“Do you think you can talk to your sister again?"

"No, she won't contact me again."

"You're sure?"

"Yep. Bad for security."

"She does want to be found?"

"Of course. Ace isn't stupid. What if we're the ones being watched?"

Daniel frowned.

"What was the name of that club?" Paul asked.

"I don't know. Ace would know."

Daniel's phone rang. "Maguire here," he answered.
"Dan, this is Tony. Will you come down to Chief Suwalski's office please. We need to talk."
Daniel's eyebrows lifted. "Sure thing, be right there." He disconnected, looking over at his partner.

"Tony, is it?"

"Yeah, Paul."

"Best get going then. We'll be okay."

The partners shook hands solemnly.

"I'll be seeing you," Daniel said, waving.

"What was that about?" Will asked.

Paul glanced over at the boy. "It means the powers that be don't like the inquiries Dan's been making. We have to scat."

"Why?"

Paul snapped his own laptop shut. Unplugging it, he looked over at the kid. "They'll be after us next."
© Copyright 2001 KC under the midnight sun (goonie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/275099-Aces-Coup