*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/284110-In-consequence
by pad9
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Psychology · #284110
This is a physiological tale made to understand it’s meaning
The murmur was becoming lauder with every minute that passed. He felt like a nail inside his head was making holes in the ruffles of his brain. The early hours of the day had gone throw his mind like a trance.

Yesterday night he met the woman that today was laying next to him in his bed. Her name was Vilma. The party he went to was given in by her. He had told her that it was improper that the hostess left her party, but she had refused to listen.

Vilma´s place was fairly big, her parents had left it to her when they died. She was never at ease or comfortable in her parent’s house. She would throw these parties to avoid being alone in the house. Yesterday, some of her friends had come and amongst them… there he was. She didn’t know him, but paid no mind to this because he came with her favorite friend: Lucía.

Today just at the crack of dawn he didn’t remember why he had such an interest in Vilma. Why did he bring her here… to his apartment? What was it about her persona that attracted him so much? He knew that it had nothing to do with the lighting or the sense of pray…

Did Vilma know what had really happened at her party last night? He wondered. He remembered that he went to Vilma´s after meting this woman in some bar. One of those bars that vanished quickly, a place where the devil himself could passed un noticed. After all, he was being hunted down , but for him it was something ordinary. His hole meaning of life was based on trying to save it.

The morning had brought with it a faint sound that was becoming more palpable inside his head. It was almost dawn, everything happens around dawn, he was ready for the beginning of the sun. He felt behind his head, underneath the pillow to find his gun. Got it. Vilma made a slight movement with her head and grunted a little.

He ignored what she was doing. She ignored him as well, and shut her eyes strongly. She was sleepy, and was accustomed to wake up late. Everybody she knew did the same.

He got up from the bed gun in hand. The noise in his head was becoming stronger than usual. He walked around the bed, not really caring for the noise, to the window. Up from his 5th level apartment, where he had lived in for the last six months, he could see the street below. And this was pre meditated…. Then he could see when they were coming to get him.
With the barrel of his gun he parted the curtains. Down there, on the street, the first rays of light made everything seemed cover in a low mist.

She was awake, but refused to open her eyes. Her eyelids were heavy, as she felt them every morning after a good work out, like the one last night. She always liked her sexual encounters, and never thought much about her lovers. Never had thought much on them. “It was all the same” take what you need from this man and leave. She took a deep breath and thought about Lucía. “I don´t think she would mind” se said to herself and turned over, to avoid him looking at her.

He was reasoning and looking throw the window. He got up from the border near the glass on the window and felt the need for a cigarette. The pack was on a drawer on the night stand, so he walked toward it. Left his gun there and looked for the packs he had bought yesterdays morning. The morning he felt he had been located.

In his mind the scene from 2 years ago still played on a loop. The impression of him getting out of the car, the cold of that November night, the feeling of not being like anybody else. He could still see those two walking down the street. He felt then the heat that came wordy of a medium’s premonition.

He closed his eyes and could hear the sound of the shots. The clear crisp voice of the man who was threatening him. He said that nothing would keep him from finding him. The man had said that no one could leave just like that after killing his brother. It was still there, the blood all over his clothes. He tried to wash it off, but it would never come out completely. He opened his eyes and thought that it was no good having any patience with himself. Felt that it was no good having compassion for himself, felt that he would have never have his sanity back. He didn’t deserve to be happy.

Vilma opened her eyes just a notch, with that sensation of being high on drugs. Things happened as if they were going throw a glass bathed in liquor. Things slid down marked by fluorescent lights. She raised her arm until it was free from the shits. Rubbed her eyes a bit. Gathered her long hair.

She glanced at the man she had spent the night with. The man that she never really cared for and didn´t want to see again. He was naked and holding a gun to her head.

- Get out! Vilma, Get out of here! – he said mounting the gun.

She got up.
© Copyright 2001 pad9 (pablogs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/284110-In-consequence