*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/296831-Life-on-the-streets
Rated: GC · Monologue · Women's · #296831
A fictional monologue of a hooker's story
So, you wanna know about life out on the streets huh? It’s not as hard as you think. I mean, yeah the weather can really get to you, and bein' out at night can be pretty scary, but it’s better, you know? I went out on the streets when I was fourteen…don’t look at me like that! It was better than home, alright? My mom’s boyfriend liked to drink a lot, and when he got a few under his belt he would get mean. He would yell at me for no reason, calling me a “little skank”, a “piece of shit slut that didn’t know nothing’”, but later, after my mom was passed out, totally wasted from drugs, alcohol, or a combo of the two, he’d come into my room and get with me. Sick Fuck. I booked it outta there as soon as I got a place to stay. I stayed with my boyfriend for the first few months. He had a pad with some of his other friends. It wasn’t the perfect place, not with them gettin’ high all the time, but it was better than havin' to deal with him.
That lasted for about two months. Then I found him cheating with some bimbo. I think that’s when I realized that hookers had it off really good ‘cause no matter how happy a man can seem, he’ll still go to someone else. We get paid for being the one he goes to. Besides, you meet all these really interesting people and get to see life at it’s most basic.
I don’t think what I do is wrong, it just is. It’s funny, I have people come up to me and say I need to “be saved” or “stop sinning” and I’m just like, “whatever, you don’t know my life so don’t presume to judge me”. It’s not the most glamorous job in the world, but it is a job.
Yeah there are some risks, but isn’t that true in any field? I remember, one night I got called over by this john driving a beamer. I couldn’t believe it! What was someone like that doin' in a place like this? I mean, from the looks of him he could have afforded any expensive service he wanted, and yet here he was, callin’ me over. So, I go over all casual-like and, oh my god! He was gorgeous! I couldn’t believe it! Most of the men I get are older and don’t do very well with the ladies; that’s why they come to me, but this one? He was handsome, young, and strong. I almost did him for free right there. But you gotta keep a professional front, so I played it cool. He asked me how much, and if I would get in the car. I got in to talk prices and, after we had agreed on somethin’ reasonable, we drove to a secluded spot. He was all romantic and gentle at first…but, as we started getting into it, he got rough…..really rough. That was the first night where I ever feared for my life. He was so hateful, so angry…I ended up with a black eye, a gashes across my chest, my neck, and my cheek. I had cuts and bruises all over my body…..
That’s the only real risk you got in this business. When you don’t look good you don’t get business, no business means starvation or worse. I was so mad at that ass who bruised me up! I mean, what was I gonna do for money while everything healed? No one’s gonna want your services if you’re lookin' like the dogs have been at you. That’s why some girls decide to get involved with the pimps. I don’t though. The pimps may protect you, but if you ever bring in less than they want or see them when they’re havin a bad night they’ll take it out on you. They do much worse than any john ever could ‘cause they know how to hurt you where no one else sees it, ya know? And you give them part of your salary for this shit? I don’t think so. No, I decided to stand on my own two feet and take care of myself. You don’t often get mean johns so it’s not a big risk.
You look surprised. You didn’t think all guys that come to hookers are brutal, criminally insane people, do you? Ok well, if you listen to the TV they mostly are, but when you’re out here on the streets you see that they’re mostly lonely men who, whether because of looks or personality, aren’t desired by the “normal” uppity, high-class, snob bitches they go after. They’re just lookin’ for someone to care for them, although sometimes they get kinda freaky…but the freakier they are the more it costs, so it all kinda evens out in the end.
The only major down to this job is the drugs. Drugs are kinda a necessary part of life, you know? I mean, I don’t think I could live with some of the stuff that goes on if I wasn’t high outta my mind. Being on drugs makes it hard, though. If you have a slow night and you don’t have the money for your hit, man do you get desperate. But that doesn’t usually happen if your young and know the right streets to walk. Well, it’s getting late, and I gotta get started back to work.

© Copyright 2001 watersprite (watersprite6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/296831-Life-on-the-streets