*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/313669-Bottle-Game
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #313669
Never hurt a person because you never know if they'll scare you back!

Bottle Game

It was spring and the flowers were blooming. The wind was smooth and the sun was shining and birds everywhere was chirping. There was a street in Scarborough called Orc Cres. It was filled with houses but in the corner was a house, which was bigger than the other horses, and in it lived an old woman whose name was Ms.Witch. People were scared of her, especially children. She had a pointy nose an evil face, dark black eyes and her hair was gray. She looked lonely and something about her made the neighborhood jump. She had a black cat and an old broomstick. Her front porch had goblin statues and she hardly cut her grass, which was dieing. She had no car, went out without anyone seeing her, leave, people started to wonder, “how can an old women go to places with out anyone seeing her?” Her lights were always off like she preferred the dark. The neighbors say they hear noises in the basement. No soul passed by her house.

In this particular street lived a girl named Alice. She was gentle and she also had a black cat. Her favorite things wee studying and reading. She was a bookworm, you could say. She had an oval face with blond hair and blue eyes. Her friends were Ron, Mike and Tom, who doesn’t know the real meaning of true friendship. Alice hated spiders because they’ve made her feel spooked. One day her friends came to Tom’s house and when they entered they threw a spider at her. She screamed so loud and her hearts start pounding so hard, that she looked so pale. They told her she was scary cat and she was dump, not to recognize a fake spider. She ran home with tears falling and shut her room door and stayed there for the whole day.

Alice parents were worried of Alice doing something uncommon. Their daughter is different from every other children because of her powers, like she could change in to anything, cast spells, disappear, control people’s mind etc. Last year she had controlled the school and then she bought them to normal because her parents said so or there was time when she filled the neighbors house with garden snakes. So you get the point why her parents were worried. She usually did something unusual when she went to her room crying.

Alice had a sister names Sara, who didn’t have powers, but helped Alice out with her problems. She understood and cared for Alice. Alice always went to her sister for everything since her friend didn’t know she had powers. She knew that if she told them. They would be begging her to do them favors. Alice was crying in her room when she heard a knock.
“Who is it”, she asked with a low voice. “
“It’s me, Sara”, replied the voice.
She pointed her finger at the door and the door opened for Sara to come in. When Sara came in, Alice pointed at the door again and locked it. Her sister jumped when the door closed.
“What’s wrong Alice”?
Alice told her sister the whole story and then her sister told her to play a joke on them and Alice agreed to her sister’s suggestion.
One day at school she told them to come to the old women’s house and told them if they don’t come they are the scary cats.
“Don’t worry we’ll be there,” said her friends. They departed.

She was ready and was almost at the door when her mother stopped her with her father behind her.
“Where do you think you are going Alice Scott?” asked her mother?”
She didn’t reply. “Well, since you are not going to reply, you could go to your room,” said her mother. She went upstairs, thinking to herself that if she doesn’t go her friends are going to think of her as a scary cat, that’s when she decided to climb out the window. This was because she always felt good about doing what her instinct told her to do
She met her friends and they all went inside and that’s when the bats came fling at her face. Then dropped a spider but Alice didn’t scream but her friends did. They went upstairs to the attic and they sat in a circle. Alice found a bottle and put it in the middle.
“Lets play a bottle game”, said Alice.
They didn’t say anything. They all sat silently. This is how you play this game.
“ I ask a question and the bottle stop at someone or something, got it.”
“Yeah we got it,” said her friend.
Alice asked the bottle if anyone was with them. They all stared at the bottle then all of them got up except Mike. He looked as if he saw a ghost. Alice came back and asked him what’s wrong.
He said, “the bottleeee”, it moved.
They all came back and sat down. The bottle spun and stopped at a wood that read yes. Everyone except Alice looked like they were going to collapse.
“Who”, asked Alice? Then the bottle stopped at the door way and when they all looked they could see a figure. It was getting closer and closer. Tom threw something at it then they all ran out the house except for Alice.

They figure came to the window where the street light were shinning threw the window. The figure and Alice laughed which sounded evil and terrifying. It was like a laugh, which made people shriek. The figure was no one but Ms.Witch.
“Nice set up Alice.”
“Thanks, Ms.Witch, you did your part good.”
“It was nice of you to drop by my house a week ago and ask for my help. You were the first kid to ever come over here.”
“Don’t worry Ms.Witch I’ll always visit and since we both have the same powers we could have fun with it.”
Alice went home got in trouble from her parents but her friends never called her scaredy cat or dump since that night. They were very nice to her. She always laughed at the thought of imaging Mike’s face when he saw the bottle move and she was the one who made it move. Ms.Witch and she were best friends. Alice finally proved her friends wrong and she still have the memory since she was the one who told me. You see Alice is my mother!
© Copyright 2001 tharani (tharani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/313669-Bottle-Game