*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/320078-The-Death-of-a-Stranger
Rated: ASR · Essay · Emotional · #320078
A short tribute to Bandit's Mama.
I just found out. It affected me in a way you would never expect. Someone is dead. I was just told that someone is dead. I want to cry, but it feels stupid. Someone is dead and I feel stupid crying over it.

Why?

Because I didn't even know them.

Maybe that gives me more of a reason to cry. I never had the pleasure ot knowing this person. I never had the opportunity to touch this persons life.

When a friend or a family member dies it is hard because you knew them, but at least you had that pleasure. Without knowing them you wouldn't be the person you are today. They wouldn't have been the person they were.

The person who told me about this death was her friend. This person knew her and was touched by her. I know that she was a good person, someone I would have liked to know, someone I would have liked.

So, should I feel stupid, to cry over this unknown woman? Why shouldn't I feel sad that I will never know this woman? Why shouldn't I feel sad that I will never know whether she would have changed my life? I will feel sad. I will cry. And I will read the bit of herself, the bit of her soul, that she left behind for us.
© Copyright 2002 Koko O'Brien (kateyo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/320078-The-Death-of-a-Stranger