*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/343341-Mother-Earth-Father-Sky
by Aspen
Rated: E · Fiction · Arts · #343341
The world from a different angle (New and Improved)
From my womb I created all life, I designed the river, lakes and seas. My breasts, the model of mountains and volcanoes. In due time I created countless animals, plants and beings with my imagination. But from this vast number, I had two favourites. The first. There names, Adam and Eve. The very image of myself.

Eve, I made with the power of generations. The ability to create and sustain life beyond her own. And with these humans I bestowed a rare gift. “Free Will”.

Because of this gift, they worshiped many ‘Gods’ and even myself in the beginning. They created religion to answer the unanswerable. But got confused in there own interpretations. Wars, blood and death followed for countless years, all for the sake of a belief.

Over time they honoured a god called Jehovah, who fathered a son and died for their sins. From there tales came stories of my children, Adam and Eve. The simple time that was, before the time of many. One tale describes my two children being cast out of Eden, there immortality stolen from them. All because Eve tempted Adam with an apple.

Oh how there stories amuse me. They have often brought laughter to my lips and tears to my eyes over the years. The ignorance of humans will never cease to astound me. My children can never be immortal. Everything must eventually die. Dying is as much apart of life as living. A journey to be taken by all.

But men believed that they were immortal for a time and blamed their misfortune on all women, thinking themselves better. The stronger sex, that must defend the frail, feeble females. But men are apart of women, they are not above or below status, they are equal. Yet are apart of each other. Where one is weak the other is strong. They are two parts of a whole. Though to proud to admit it.

For centuries men were the authority figures. And life itself was not respected. So they destroyed it, in the name of wealth, science and development. Slowly at first, then like a bush fire burning out of control. They began killing my children and then even myself. Forrest’s were layed bare and never re-sewn. Fossil fuels were burned creating a cloud so thick I could not breath, my children were choking me and my animal children were hunted to extinction.

I had been too generous with my gift of free will. For with these humans, came selfishness. They used there own imagination to create weapons against life, in every form.

There was only one thing I could do. Humans spank there children so they know not to do horrible things. It’s call discipline.

I will now reach down and smite my children. For they will not learn to consider other life forms if they cannot learn appreciate there own.

Massive earthquakes, volcano eruptions, floods and severe storms followed. Those who did not die, would perish in the drought years that follow. But I will leave a few, to see whether they will learn to respect the creation of life, Whether they will learn to respect me,


Only time will tell and I, Mother Earth and Father Sky have all the time in the world
© Copyright 2002 Aspen (aspen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/343341-Mother-Earth-Father-Sky