*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/352075-Somewhere-ch-3
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #352075
Aema is living nowhere. How? Where is she? What is this place?
         I ignored the Lakkins and Angels around me. And at that moment I didn't care that I was putting on a show for them.
         I grinned as my body swelled with pride. The Lakkins fidgeted as they got the sense that I was feeling something, but they did not move. I ripped a clod of hair from my scalp, disregarding the pain. I concentrated on the scraggly, white hair, telling myself it wasn't really that color or slippery, limp texture, that my eyesight was bad, that I had just forgot what it should look like. And then I must have blinked because there it was.
         The hairs I held in my hand were now a deep black, much deeper than the misty grays of the sky and ground. And they seemed to be thicker and straighter than before. I smiled and felt immense power flowing through my veins.
         I brought another few strands of hair around my head and twisted my eyes to see. They were the same, shimmery black. It was as if I was seeing the real me, not just something I had created. Like this was the way I was meant to be. I didn't think I could make it a different color if I tried. That was how I was supposed to be.
         Feelings swirled around in my head like never before. They bursted through my heart and into my limbs. Feelings of freedom, joy, curiousity, anger, energy... everything. I was so happy I wanted to fly like the Angels.
         The Angels! I had forgotten about the many beings clustered around me. I looked, and there they all were. Staring in amazement.
         The Lakkins couldn't stop my feelings anymore. They were too strong.
         And I was going to find out about myself. About this life I had been dropped into.
~"Somewhere ch. 4~
© Copyright 2002 Ice Phoenix (icephoenix2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/352075-Somewhere-ch-3