*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/371631-Seeing-you-again-after-all-this-time
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #371631
Free Verse Poem: Feelings after seeing one from an old relationship which ending badly.
Free Verse Poem
Seeing you again, after all this time.
 
 
Such a strange combination of the old and the new.
 
Some times the black and white do not blend to make a gray.
 
Was this venture by chance, time or fate?
 
Does it even matter why events take their place in history?
 
It is not the reasons why, but the meanings that pave the road to the outcome.
 
I watched courtesies and caution fight against past awareness and knowledge.
 
Verbal admissions of unreason, coupled with physical displays of affection and each wondering the others thoughts and feelings forthright.
 
One speaks lightly of the recent past, as did the other, avoiding the discomfort born to that which is unknown and best left be.
 
Almost as two actors playing a roll or in turn, falling back one step and viewing what was then as if it was now.
 
I was not relieved when she left, nor was I released and now ponder intensely on what I should to with this memory.
 
Does one give allowance to his heart and follow what maybe inure.
 
Or what maybe love.
 
Does one give allowance to his mind holding past flashes of reoccurring pain and strife.
 
Are these descriptions giving value to reasons explaining why?
 
Or are they instructions to build an avenue to an ending?
 
"I don't know."
 
But no doubt the indelible facet of that night's pending outcome, etched and drawn into my soul, is now part of me.
 
 
Kactus Berry
 
 
© Copyright 2002 Kactus Berry (kactus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/371631-Seeing-you-again-after-all-this-time