*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/377340-Lions-Giraffes-Plants-Oh-My
Rated: ASR · Prose · Animal · #377340
From monkeys to vultures, a loose ear and falling feathers. This is my experience.
"Help!" A lioness cries out with despair. "My ear is falling off!"

Animals of many sorts may turn around and look at the poor lioness with pity, or they may just continue on with their business. That lioness is just going to have to figure it out herself, everyone is too busy with their own problems at the moment.

"You think you have problems? I'm molting!" Cries out a flamingo, standing precariously on one leg and holding out her foot. Indeed, she was loosing quite a few feathers.

Quickly though, she too is lost in the shuffle. Lions are brushing back their manes and flowers are smoothing their petals. A certain lioness is going around asking animals and plants alike if her whiskers are straight. She is assured that they are.

The ostrichs are strutting around, trying to look important with their great big poofs, but its hard not to laugh at them with they flip their heads dramatically only to get a mouth/nose full of feathers. Of course, if a flamingo laughs at such an act, they must be careful that they do not do the same.

The giraffes are all congregated together, trying to keep their heads on straight. When a lion passes by, any conversation stops. No one wants to offend on that may be able to take them down...

"I like your whim-a-ways, baby." A paticularly cocky vulture may call out to a plant, only to be responded by a handful of leaves. Similar remarks may be heard, only with "ee-ah-oohs" and "na-nas" used interchangably.

A snake slides sneakily by, only to have their tail trampled by a particularly clumsy monkey.
"You broke my rattle!" She would cry and hiss at the monkey. But he is already across the way, laughing with sadisfaction.

A little group full of many creatures, from plants to lions, even a warthog can be found in a corner. They are sitting in a circle and passing around cards.
"Liar!" A giraffe accuses a lion with glee. The lion glares and picks up the pile in the center.
"Oh, bite me, long neck." He says with contempt, but the giraffe is quick on her words and snaps a reply.
"Sorry, but I'm a vegitarian."
All the plants noticably scoot back.

A mirrorcat scrambles in late, one ear over his head. He apologizes and is quick to point the blame.
"Sorry! But it was that baboon that held me up." His finger is pointing in the direction of a monkey, who sits down beside the rest of the family to listen to the bongo drums. A few giraffes join with their basses and the plants are dancing around, waving their long leaves.

All that stops suddenly, when a vulture calls and a few hyenas enter the room, there is snarling and all the flamingos are in the back, quivering.

The fear ends however as the time draws near. The groups break up and creatures move around, collecting everything together. Soon, only pieces of conversation can be heard.

"My tusks are loose..."
"You need a bit more green on your cheek..."
"My feather is stuck to my butt!"
"I can't find my growth..."
"Where's my head? Oh my god, I can't find my head!"

Slowly, it gets pulled together. All heads are put onto shoulders, all rattles are repaired, and every ostrich's feathers are perfectly stuck and secure where they need to be.

Finally, it is time. They are no longer a mismatched group of flamingos and vultures, monkeys and a warthog, they are a herd, a group. They all know what they must do.
With a simple signal, they migrate, moving together as one. They take their spots and in every face, or leaf, joy can be seen. They open their mouths as one, and sing.

"...In the circle, the circle of life!"

~*~*~*~

This is my own little take of what our performances are like. I'm in a Swing Choir and our show is, "The Lion King" it really is a hectic time, and so many odd things can be heard and seen around. I thought I would share the experience with you all *Smile*

3/17/02
© Copyright 2002 Madame Lunacy! (xena_12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/377340-Lions-Giraffes-Plants-Oh-My