*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/382770-Loving-response-to-the-PKD-Story
by Dottie
Rated: E · Article · Emotional · #382770
A niece's loving response. Please read PKD took him away first.
Please read "PKD took him away
Wow! Aunt Dottie that was an incredible story. I am almost speechless. What you had to endure was breathtaking. I always find myself wondering why such good people encounter illnesses, while most of the criminals and murderers are living out life sentences in perfect health. One might imagine that God is bringing "home" his earth angels. In my eyes, my uncle was an earth angel. I never saw him with a frown on his face. I always remember him looking content, though I'm sure that you can recall the agony that he must has gone through with his advanced sickness. Thank goodness that he had a good woman to bear with him and to help keep him as happy and content as possible. You are indeed a good woman. You are there for all of us -- your immediate family as well as your large extended family. On behalf of all of us who think it but don't say it enough, I would like to remind you that we love you dearly and appreciate you very much.
Love from your niece, Maryann

------------------------------------------

Above are the exact words taken from an e-mail that I received from one of my nieces. The miles had separated us over the years. Occasionally, our families would get together for the usual special events such as weddings and wakes. At those times I would try to absorb everything she would tell me about her husband and children, but that was difficult, because of the tremendous gap in time before we would meet again. This particular niece is also the daughter of my only living brother. That makes her extra special to me.

A wonderful change was made in our relationship when I purchased my computer. I discovered Microsoft Word and used it to mail a long letter to her. A whole new world opened up for me when she advised that her husband had bought a computer, too. We both were new to this wonderful machine that accessed the Internet, and so we started to e-mail each other. Photos of her newly built home were sent to me, and then came pictures of her family. We were in constant touch with one other and a loving relationship was born anew.

After I wrote the story about PKD and my husband’s passing, I realized everyone else was reading it. My niece knew about the illness and her Uncle’s eventual passing, but had not known of the painful trials endured throughout his illness. I sent her the story only because she was so interested in our family history and whatever events I remembered growing up. I was happy to enlighten her, although that was a challenge in itself, but it, brought me closer to other relatives that I hadn’t seen in many years. I cannot praise the computer enough.

If you didn't read the story, please click to go directly there. "PKD took him away Thank you.

My niece, Maryann, is also a Preferred Author, Maryann - House Martell , and her portfolio is very impressive.



© Copyright 2002 Dottie (dillyd32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/382770-Loving-response-to-the-PKD-Story