*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/389271-Pharaoh-wanted
by Ely
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #389271
Tourist guide Salky finds out that the pharaohs' tomb... is empty!
Well, in fact this is my first real story in English and I have got stuck in it. So, please, try to understand. I'll be very thankful for any help.

Pharaoh wanted!

In ancient time one pharaoh who ruled in ancient Egypt said to build pyramid for him. Pharaohs’ people made many people gather together. They were slaves. Some years later pharaoh got his pyramid. Pharaoh was glad. He ruled good and ten years later died. He was buried in his pyramid.
Several thousand years passed. Ancient Egypt turned into a modern Egypt but pyramids left. In one pyramid thousand years ago was buried pharaoh…
Nowadays in Egypt tourism is very popular. It plays a very important role in the Egypt economics.
One day one tourists group in which there was Mr. Salky went to pyramid in which thousand years ago was buried pharaoh. Guide (the same Mr. Salky) told tourists about pyramid, pyramid building, about ancient Egypt ant the pharaoh. Guide knew very well about the pharaohs’ tombs. When tourists went into pharaoh’s tomb they were very surprised – pharaoh’s tomb was empty! Salky quickly said tourists to go away and ran to the police, so that to tell them about the pharaohs disappearance. The police didn’t believe what Salky was telling and said that they don’t care. Salky understood that the police would not help him and went to the pharaoh’s tomb to see the place where the pharaoh was stolen. Due his way he got home and took a big magnifying glass. In pharaoh tomb Salky with magnifying glass’ help watched footsteps of somebody very big. These footsteps led to the wall. Salky came to the wall but couldn’t see anything suspicious. After long and detailed examination Salky found a brick which was fold out. Salky pushed it and opened door appeared. Salky took the torch, lit it and entered the open door. There was a hall. In the hall there were many carpets and the hall was full of light. And then suddenly another door appeared in front of Salky. The door was locked but Salky still invented how to open it. When the door was opened Salky went inside. When he stepped inside he saw enormous treasures and among these treasures slept the stolen pharaoh. Salky was astonished. He wanted to call the police but remembered that he hadn’t take the phone with him. That’s why he took the notice book and wrote down the way to reach that treasures. But as soon as he managed to write the way to the treasures, he saw two men. They attacked him and tied up. They also said Salky that he’ll stay here forever. Then these men went away and left Salky alone. Salky watched out and saw a sabre. After a long and difficult work he released himself from a rope. Salky watched out again but didn’t notice anything that he could need in treasures. But walking a little bit he saw somebody also tied up with a rope. After some time Salky released her and she told him who is she. Her name was Marianna and she was from the police, a detective. Salky in his turn told her about his adventure. They decided to get out of this situation as soon as possible. But first… they had to find more clues about the pharaohs slept. Salky was sure that the two men who tied him up weren’t pharaohs’ robbers and he thought that it is quite strange that the police refused to help him. The police could be bribed or something. But in that time Marianna found a door that looked very weird. It was a big pharaoh’ mask with a doorbell in masks’ nose.

Marianna opened the door pushing the masks' cheek. But what's that strange sound?
- Watch out! - cried Salky.
But he was too late. Marianna was already trapped in the cage and now were hanging about one meter above the floor.

© Copyright 2002 Ely (elina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/389271-Pharaoh-wanted