*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/412560-The-Lady-of-Loriea
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #412560
One of the Dramatis Personae for the Seekers
The Lady of Loriea


Overview: The Goddess of Healing and Protection has long watched over her clerics and priests, guiding them along a path she alone knows.

Description: The Lady is most often depicted astride a white warhorse, with hunting hounds by her feet. The one aspect that is consistent for all her paintings and murals is her long, brunette hair, most often twisted into an exquisite braid. Although seen sometimes in a gown, the Lady is always painted wearing brilliantly shining armour, a shield strapped to her saddle, and a sword by her side. Very seldom is she seen to be wielding either weapon or shield.

In all tales of the Lady, she speaks with a voice that can warm the coldest of hearts, and a compassion that stretches the width of the world. Those who have had visions of the Lady warn against half-truths or deceptions, for She can see into the very soul of a man. Her eyes, they say, are the color of a glorious sunset, and her smile can bring courage back to even the most despairing.

But the Lady does not appear to just anyone. She prefers to send Her messages through Her priests and clerics, to point them to those She has chosen. The Lady prefers not to meddle too much in human affairs, more interested to see how they settle them in their own way. She does, however, take particular interest in the land of Loriea, for that land is the oldest and largest of Her following, and She does all that She can to protect it, but will not act, save through Her followers.

The Lady is known for Her compassion, but, as the very highest of Her priests and clerics know, the Lady is also very, very curious. Humans pique Her curiosity, so She has a particular interest in their affairs. She also prefers those persevere in the face of adversity to those who just give up.

And, for those in whom She has an even greater interest, particulary interesting adventures are likely to come their way.
© Copyright 2002 KC under the midnight sun (goonie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/412560-The-Lady-of-Loriea