*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/424709-300-Prophecies-s-257-288
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Religious · #424709
Old Testament prophecies #s 257-288 fulfilled in Jesus Christ
257. (The Messiah would preach the good news) NIV Isaiah 61:1,2 “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn…”

NIV Luke 4:17-21 “The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: ‘THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS ON ME, BECAUSE HE HAS ANOINTED ME TO PREACH GOOD NEWS TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM FREEDOM FOR THE PRISONERS AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT FOR THE BLIND, TO RELEASE THE OPPRESSED, TO PROCLAIM THE YEAR OF THE LORD'S FAVOR.’ Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, ‘Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.’"

258. (Provides freedom from the bondage of sin and death) KJV Isaiah 61:1,2 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the meek; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn…”

NIV John 14:6 “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”
NIV John 8:31,32 “To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, ‘If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’"

259. (Proclaimed a period of grace) NIV Isaiah 61:1,2 “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn…”

NIV John 5:24 "(Jesus said) I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.”
NIV 2 Timothy 1:9,10 “…who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”

260. (He alone is our righteousness and salvation) KJV Isaiah 62:1 “For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burns.”

KJV Romans 3:21,22 “But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ to all and on all them that believe: for there is no difference…”
KJV 2 Peter 1:1 “Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ…”
NIV Luke 2:27-32 “Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying: ‘Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel.’"
NIV Luke 19:9,10 “Jesus said to him, ‘Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.’"
NIV 1 Thessalonians 5:9,10 “For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.”
NIV 2 Timothy 2:10 “Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.”
NIV Revelation 7:9,10 “After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: ‘Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.’"

261. (The Savior who has come) NIV Isaiah 62:11 “The LORD has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: Say to the Daughter of Zion, ‘See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him.'"
NIV Isaiah 63:8 “He said, ‘Surely they are my people, sons who will not be false to me’; and so he became their Savior.”

NIV Luke 2:8-11 “And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, ‘Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.’”
NIV John 4:42 “They said to the woman, ‘We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.’"
NIV Acts 5:31 “God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.”
NIV Titus 1:4 “To Titus, my true son in our common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.”
NIV Titus 2:13,14 “…while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.”
NIV Titus 3:5-7 “…he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.”
NIV 1 John 4:14 “And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.”

262. (He treads the winepress of God’s wrath toward the nations) NIV Isaiah 63:1-3 “Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? ‘It is I, speaking in righteousness, mighty to save.’ Why are your garments red, like those of one treading the winepress? ‘I have trodden the winepress alone; from the nations no one was with me. I trampled them in my anger and trod them down in my wrath; their blood spattered my garments, and I stained all my clothing.’”

NIV Revelation 19:11-16 “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. ‘He will rule them with an iron scepter.’ He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”

263. (He would rebuke those who made the Temple a den of thieves) KJV Jeremiah 7:11 “Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, says the LORD.”

KJV Mark 11:15,16 “And they came to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; and would not permit that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.”
KJV Luke 19:46 “(Jesus)…saying to them, ‘It is written, “MY HOUSE IS THE HOUSE OF PRAYER”: but you have made it a “DEN OF THIEVES.”’”

264. (Descendant of David) KJV Jeremiah 23:5,6 “Behold, the days come, says the Lord, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King will reign and prosper, and will execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he will be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.”

KJV Luke 3:23-31 “And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli…Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David…”

265. (The Messiah would be God) KJV Jeremiah 23:5,6 “Behold, the days come, says the Lord, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King will reign and prosper, and will execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he will be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.”

KJV John 13:13 “(Jesus said) You call me Master and Lord: and you say well; for so I am.”

266. (The Messiah would be both God and man) KJV Jeremiah 23:5,6 “Behold, the days come, says the Lord, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King will reign and prosper, and will execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he will be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.”

KJV 1 Timothy 3:16 “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”

267. (Delivered from the king’s devastating wrath on His people) NIV Jeremiah 31:15 “This is what the LORD says: ‘A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are no more.’"

NIV Matthew 2:16-21 “When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi. Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled: ‘A VOICE IS HEARD IN RAMAH, WEEPING AND GREAT MOURNING, RACHEL WEEPING FOR HER CHILDREN AND REFUSING TO BE COMFORTED, BECAUSE THEY ARE NO MORE.’ After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt and said, ‘Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child's life are dead.’ So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel.”

268. (Born of a virgin) KJV Jeremiah 31:22 “How long will you go about, O you backsliding daughter? For the Lord has created a new thing in the earth, a woman will compass a man.”

KJV Matthew 1:18-21 “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to divorce her privately. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, ‘Joseph, you son of David, fear not to take to thee Mary your wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she will bring forth a son, and you will call his name JESUS: for he will save his people from their sins.’”

269. (The Messiah would be the new covenant) NIV Jeremiah 31:31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.”

NIV Matthew 26:27,28 “Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, ‘Drink from it, all of you.
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.’”

270. (Descendant of David) KJV Jeremiah 33:14,15 “Behold, the days come, says the Lord, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. In those days, and at that time, I will cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up to David; and he will execute judgment and righteousness in the land.”

KJV Luke 3:23,31 “And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli…Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David…”

271. (Descended from David) KJV Ezekiel 34:23,24 “And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he will feed them, even my servant David; he will feed them, and he will be their shepherd. And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.”

NIV John 10:2-4,7,9,11, 14-16 “’(Jesus said) The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice…Therefore Jesus said again, ‘I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep…I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture…I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep…I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.’”
NIV Matthew 1:1 “A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham…”

272. (He would ascend into heaven) KJV Daniel 7:13,14 “I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

NIV Acts 1:9-11 “After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. ‘Men of Galilee,’ they said, ‘why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.’"

273. (Is highly exalted) KJV Daniel 7:13,14 “I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

NIV Ephesians 1:20-22 “…which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything…”

274. (His dominion would be everlasting) KJV Daniel 7:13,14 “I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

NIV Luke 1:31-33 “(the angel said to Mary) You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

275. (He will come again in His glory) KJV Daniel 7:13,14 “I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

KJV Matthew 24:29,30 “(Jesus said) Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give her light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken: and then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then will all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

276. (To make an end to sins) KJV Daniel 9:24 “Seventy weeks are determined upon your people and on your holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”

KJV Galatians 1:3-5 “Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.”

277. (He would be holy) KJV Daniel 9:24 “Seventy weeks are determined upon your people and on your holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”

NIV Luke 1:35 “The angel answered, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.”

278. (Announced to his people 483 years, to the exact day, after the decree to rebuild the city of Jerusalem) NIV Daniel 9:25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven `sevens,' and sixty-two `sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.”

NIV John 12:12,13 “The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the King of Israel!’"

279. (Was killed) NIV Daniel 9:26 “After the sixty-two `sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.”

NIV Matthew 27:35 “When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.”

280. (Died for the sins of the world) KJV Daniel 9:26 “And after threescore and two weeks will Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof will be with a flood, and to the end of the war desolations are determined.”

KJV Hebrews 2:9 “But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

281. (Killed before the destruction of the temple) KJV Daniel 9:26 “And after threescore and two weeks will Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof will be with a flood, and to the end of the war desolations are determined.”

KJV Matthew 27:50,51 “Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent…”

282. (The Messiah in a glorified state) KJV Daniel 10:5,6 “Then I lifted up my eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: His body also was like the Beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in color to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.”

KJV Revelation 1:13-16 “And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; and his feet like fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shining in his strength.”

283. (The child Jesus’ return from Egypt predicted) KJV Hosea 11:1 “When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.”

KJV Matthew 2:13-15 “…behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, ‘Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be there until I bring you word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.’ When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, ‘OUT OF EGYPT HAVE I CALLED MY SON.’”

284. (He would defeat death) KJV Hosea 13:14 “I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be your plagues; O grave, I will be your destruction: repentance will be hid from my eyes.”

NIV 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 "’Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?’" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

285. (Offers salvation to all mankind) NIV Joel 2:32 “And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls.”

NIV Romans 10:9,10,12,13 “…That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved…For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, ‘EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.’"

286. (The darkness over Jerusalem the day Jesus was crucified being foretold) KJV Amos 8:9 “And it will come to pass in that day, says the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day…”

KJV Matthew 27:45 “Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land to the ninth hour.”

287. (Born in Bethlehem) KJV Micah 5:2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you he will come forth to me that is to be ruler in Israel…”

KJV Matthew 2:1-6 “Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, saying, ‘Where is he that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.’ When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. And they said to him, ‘In Bethlehem of Judea: for thus it is written by the prophet, “AND YOU BETHLEHEM, IN THE LAND OF JUDEA, ARE NOT THE LEAST AMONG THE PRINCES OF JUDEA: FOR OUT OF YOU WILL COME A GOVERNOR, THAT WILL RULE MY PEOPLE ISRAEL.”’

288. (He is from everlasting, has always existed) KJV Micah 5:2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you he will come forth to me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”

NIV John 8:56-58 “(Jesus said) Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad." "You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!" "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
© Copyright 2002 Stallion (pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/424709-300-Prophecies-s-257-288