*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/434500-Ceremony-in-New-York
by Dottie
Rated: E · Article · Opinion · #434500
Just a few words about the clean up.
May 30, 2002

A somber ceremony was held today to mark the closing of the cleanup of the World Trade Center in New York. I didn’t watch anything on TV nor did I listen to the radio. My awareness of this very day was restricted to the Internet only.

The books are out and they will sell like hot cakes in the stores. I, for one, will not purchase any of them. I’ve seen enough on TV. Now, the rescue workers have ended their grueling job of cleaning up. We cannot thank them enough for all their efforts. It isn’t easy to pick at the debris most of which were reduced to dirt and ash. Do we know what they were feeling? Over half of the victims were never found. Yet, do you realize that in various places at the site of the collapsed Twin Towers, shovels of dirt contained the disintegrated remains of the victims of this despicable terrorist attack on our homeland, The United States of America?

It’s sad to say, but there are too few who still remember, and so many who have put it behind them. Aside from the families and friends of the injured and perished victims of this tragedy, it’s the children of our nation who have suffered greatly by this heinous attack. It’s up to all of us to talk to them and help alleviate the turmoil that is crowding their young minds.

The most beautiful massive structures ever built in New York City are gone forever. To the rest of the world, no one is in a rush to build majestic buildings like that ever again. Let us all remember and learn from this.

Added Note:
At least I had the wonderful opportunity to visit those two giant structures, thanks to my son, ercole
Richard had this made for me on Mother's Day.
© Copyright 2002 Dottie (dillyd32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/434500-Ceremony-in-New-York