*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/480636-The-Afterlife
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Death · #480636
One girls story of the afterlife.
          One thing many humans don’t understand is the end.

         I remember the day I was ended. I had come out of the most deserted mall in the Midwest where I had been cruising with my fourteen-year-old brother. I was seventeen and had my license for little under a year. It was twilight and the mall closed at seven; we stayed longer for some of the novelty shops that stayed open later. We had a ball. My brother could find stickers for everything in a stickers r’ us wanna-be with no real name. That day he had found a perfect tiger to place right on the side of his wheel chair.

         I was so stupid, I had gone out into the nearly abandoned parking lot to pull the car up to retrieve my brother when a man grabbed my arm. When I jerked my arm free of his grasp he pulled a gun on me and told me to get in his car. Figuring he wouldn’t be that good of a shot anyway I ran, but I was wrong. With my brother in sight something bit me in my lower back I fell to my knees and I couldn’t feel my legs anymore, it almost seemed ironic. I was bit again and I looked at my brother, saw the look of horror on his face, and prayed for god to save him because I knew I could not no matter how much I wanted to.

Please R&R It is greatly appercieted

Part Two
When I knew I had died, it was only because I remembered doing so.

On the street where I lived my mother screemed and she screeched for her only daughter... I got to watch it all in a fog of confusion. But I could not get close to any of them and I kept seeing my brothers face. That was the most frightning of anything. His face frozen with seeing my body fall over in pain then death. He was scared. He should have been. something like this doesn't happen every day not to good or bad people. No people don't go shooting people in the mall every day for no reason.

I could see but I couldn't touch and it was very different. I was walking down the street one day and I saw a young man coming my way, and he kept looking at me but noone else had or I thought could. but then he spoke to me.
"You are a fresh one yep still wonderin if you really is dead or not. Yep you sure is dead. You sure is."
"How would you know what I 'Is'?"
"Ohh pardon me I got me a regular mistress on me hands now don't I? Of corse I do. All the new ones is. Excuse me miss. Evan's my name soul collection is me game. At your service."
"You are a very interesting person..."
"Fellow."
"What?"
"You said person I prefer to be called fellow because person is still alive. I be dead and I've done been dead for a long enouph time I don't like bein refered to as no person anymore just call me Evan or fellow."
"Ohh."
"It's just what me fellow ghost and ghouls call me I be Evan and I like it like that but I just ain't a person no more."
"My name is Jen."
"Mighty nice to meet ya Miss Jen. Like I said Evan's my name and soul collectin my game and I have been sent to take you back to the distribution center."
"Why can't I just stay here and be a wondering soul?"
"Miss Jen, I don't mean to sound mean but ain't nobody gonna let you alone if you choose to do such a stupid thing like that, stayin here in the mist? You sure is crazy Miss Jen."
"I don't understand. What are they going to do with me when I get to the distribution center?" I asked leering at him, he had given me no reason to trust him or believe anything he said, besides he called me stupid and crazy. That was one negative number in his column in my book.
"Now Miss Jen, they is gonna do to you what they does to all the rest. They is gonna let you pick a place just like ever'body else and thats where ya is gonna go. Ain't nothin hard or scary about it, and once you been dead awhile and is used to the idea then you getts to be a soul collector if in you wants to Miss Jen. Shoot if my poor sorry self could do it anybody could Miss Jen. You really needs to come along now cause ain't nobody gonna be too happy you just up and decided that you ain't comin because I be one of the nice ones. You wants to avoid old Mister Higgs he be as mean as Oak tree in a storm and don't nobody ever mess wit him. So you comin Miss Jen I sure does recomend it cause they might just send Higgs out to fetch ya if you aint careful."
I stayed silent but I took his outstreached hand. It felt human enough but I still didn't want to trust Evan. His blue coat and hat glowed for a moment and the street disapeared and where I couldn't see I saw very clearly but it was a cloud building, it was almost as if someone really did have the right idea of heaven but they just didn't know all the piticulars. Evan started singing and I found his kind gentelman southern accent comforting in this place where peace didn't come easily to the freshly dead.
"There you is Miss Jen that's where you has to go now. I be seeing you around I look for ya if in you wants me to. Is all up to you now Miss Jen."
"Thank you, I would like maybe for you to show me round some time."
"Ain't got no problem there Miss Jen I be seein ya round now."
Evan left and I looked at the cloud structure before me. There were only two other people in aww of it, the clouds shifted and revieled a wooden structure. It was odd I thought that with so many people in the world that there were only three freshly dead. I started walking twords the building not knowing what lay in front on me.
© Copyright 2002 Uranian Prince (uranianroyal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/480636-The-Afterlife