*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/485555-Sarah-the-Queen-of-Cyrzewan
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #485555
A fairy tale......
HI EVERYONE!!! NEW UPDATES WILL BE COMING SOON!!!! AS SOON AS I CAN GET THEM ON THE ORIGINAL COPY!!! WELL THANKS FOR WAITING SO LONG!!! COME BACK IN EXACTLY ONE WEEK AND THEY'LL BE HERE...THE UPDATES...THANKS... HEY I HAVE A QUESTION...SHOULD I GET THIS PUBLISHED? I NEED YOUR INPUT. AND IF I WERE TO GET IT PUBLISHED WOULD YOU BUY IT? WELL...JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT WHAT THE PUBLISHED VERSION WOULD LOOK LIKE. THERE ARE A WHOLE BUNCH OF THINGS THAT NEED TO BE EDITED AND FIXED...AND THE WORKS...


Long ago in the ancient world of Earth where fairies and magical creatures roamed the rich land there was a powerful king and his beautiful queen who bored a tiny boy who became prince. This prince was born on the 4th of June after three hours at labor. The clouds refused to let the light from the bright golden globe shine until they heard the sweet cries of the new born prince. The fairies that were there gave him the gift of love from a young girl exactly one year younger than himself. The chosen girl could be born to anyone, even a lowly peasant. The king and queen then decided to send a decreed to every physician in the land. If they were to find a girl born exactly one year after the prince, they must immediately inform the king and queen.
Many a month later, living on a high deserted mountaintop, was a man and his wife. His wife had finally got pregnant after many years of praying. Then on the 4th of June the baby was ready to come into the world. Britinally was having a hard time bringing her child into the world. The rain pounded on the windows, the thunder made it’s roar be known. The wind whistled in the air urging the child to come. Rigile, her husband, then decided to go to town to get the town physician. The doctor hurried and arrived just in time to help Britinally bring the child into this world. It had taken three hours, but Britinally was so ecstatic. The labor was over and she wept happy tears, after all these years she finally had a child. She had the baby named Sarah.
As Sally grew she learned to live. A charming cute little baby girl barely at nine months she learned to walk. How her parents praised her. To them she was their joy, light and love. She had a gift. She learned everything that a baby was to learn at a much younger age. Unawares she was grown quickly because she was the one born on the date of the decreed. She was the new queen and only the physician, king, queen, and fairies knew. Not a soul will know until it was time to reveal this secret.
As she grew older and older her beauty grew with her. She was the most beautiful girl on the land. Sarah was more beautiful than the sun itself, would say the many villagers that knew her. She was very kind and generous. Never thinking about herself before others she learned to help others in many ways. Everyday she would go to the village and help the poor and unfortunate that others had forgotten. At the tender age of five she said that she wanted to be a nun. Yet she did not know that her fate that was decided when she was born. As she grew others grew with her and learned her ways. Their village lived a happy life. None of them knew about the decreed and what evil that means to destroy the young beautiful Sarah.
When she reached the age of eleven years she left home for a finishing school in Hazia, the bordering country to the east. The school had mysteriously sent her a sealed letter informing her that she was to come. After many days of pondering she was to attend. Given the best of all the rooms she lived a happy yet lonely life at the school. Even though she had the pleasure of learning things that others didn’t know she was lonely. For she missed her village friends. There she learned all the things of a lady and queen. She was unaware that she was being taught in one on of the only finishing schools for high class persons. Even the queen went there herself. For she didn’t know that she was the chosen one to be the queen of Cyrzewan.
Years later when she had reached the age of 13 years she left school, and went returned home to her family. All the teachers knew that they would miss their little girl that was as beautiful as a rose and kinder than the sweetest nectar.
The young prince had heard of this beautiful, kindhearted girl. He wanted to see for himself if she was as good as they say. One night he went to question his parents. They wanted to tell him so badly, but had promised the fairies that he will seek out the girl on his own. The only thing they could do was telling him that such a girl did exist. Wanting him to wait until he was older they persuaded him to wait until he was older. Then at sixteen he couldn’t wait any longer. For the past two years the girl plagued his dreams and every waking moment. He set of on his own late one night. The prince by now looked more handsome than that of any of the young lads in the city. He was tall with a height of six feet. His skin golden from the sun went to give him the manly look. It went well with his dark black hair cut short and deep green eyes. The young handsome prince of Cyrzewan got on his magnificent stallion and rode of in the late night.
After journeying hard for days the prince was tired and needed rest. Little did he know that there were some of his father’s men following him on his journey. His wise parents knew that their young son was going to go off on his own one day so everyday a soldier would follow and watch him discreetly.
When he arrived at the nearest village he found a place to rest. Tired to his bones he fell asleep for days and had a wonderful dream of a beautiful young girl. Her hair was as golden as the sun. With eyes as deep as the blue water. In his dreams he fell in love with this girl. Even though in a dream the prince knew that she existed somewhere and he wanted to find her. Finally he awoken and left the place. He did not know that the village that he had rested in was the village where the girl lived. As dawn arrived he heard a voice from behind him. He turned and saw the girl of his dreams.
She has just gotten into town and was gathering the children for their lessons. The parents waved and call their greetings. They all knew the young girl. She was popular among the village. Everyone knew that she was the most kindest of girls, but the prince had known beautiful girls and they were nothing, but prissy, little pretty looking girls with their noses always in the air. He decided that he would follow the girl around and see who she really was.
He walked behind them from a distance. Then watched as she stop to pick up a young man with long dark Sandy hair, fair skin, deep brown eyes, and broad shoulders who agreed to help her with the activities with the children. They walked into the woods past a wide spacious breezy field. Onward they went until they met a narrow well a heavily used path going up a steep hill. Once they reached the top of the steep hill there was a tiny cozy looking cottage there. The young man pulled old wooden tables and chairs out from the cottage while she played with the excited happy children. Once everything was set she taught the children. Each of them accustoms to her teachings watched in eagerness at what their pretty teacher was going to teach them next. They follow her every lead. Today she was showing them to dance. The young man helped her demonstrate. They swayed to no music, only the lovely voice of hers was heard. After a little while of demonstrating they parted and the children got up and tried to copy them. The girl laughed playfully and danced with the eager children. Suddenly she looked into the late afternoon sun and remarked, “My goodness. Children time to go.”
They all groaned and started to follow her to the village. Prince Carzen watched in utter shock. He remembered the way that he was taught to dance in school. To his memory there was never been a teacher with a beautiful voice singing and laughing. They were all stiff and quiet in his lessons. Once they were ready to leave he followed them back. All the parents were in a crowd waiting for their children. They watched as their children ran back to them in happiness. Each glad for their almost daughter Sarah.
To Sarah it was joy being able to teach the children the things she had learn in school. She waved good bye to the children and walked to a small cottage in the middle of town. When she walked in she took some of her supplies and a horse. Then riding out to the next few towns she helped the homeless and the ones hurt, free of charge and obligation. She helped them until it was dark. Then riding in a trot she went home. The prince had followed her in all her visits and stops. He was amazed at the kindness that the girl known as “Sarah” showed to others. When she had returned home and had the horse settled she went into the home where her parents lived. The prince watched the small happy family.
He went back into the village and slept for the night in the hotel. Finally his journey was complete and he was going to visit the girl. All through the night the young prince dreamed of his princess.
The next morning the Prince went to visit the girl. The prince got up to the door and knocked. Suddenly feeling panic of what to say he ducked away as she opened the door. “Who is it?” she asked in her sweet voice. He enchanted by the softness of the voice stayed where he was.
Sarah wondering who would have knocked then run away. No one was in site so she shrugged her shoulders and walked in. She had a rather unsettling dream that night. She had dreamed that she was being chased in a dark wood. Running from some sort of evil. She sensed something was following her. Running she tripped over a root and something grabbed her. She woke up sweating. It had taken a while to assure herself that it was only a dream, but deep inside she knew the dream was true. After getting ready she walked to the village to take the children out for their lessons.
The evil sorcerer watched from his mirror. “Don’t worry my dear. We will be together once again. I will know you anywhere,” he said laughing out loud. The sorcerer knew that she wasn’t the one, but will help make his goddess alive again. He had been watching his beloved for years and now will finally get her.
The fairies watched in horror as Mallikite readied to take the girl that was the prince’s destiny. They had to stop him. “We have to save Sarah!” screamed the oldest fairy. They all agreed and flew out of the door and started for the little village.
Meanwhile, Sarah was on her way home. It was dark and today she decided to walk and enjoy the air. Having this feeling she decided to use the short cut home. Walking in the woods unaware of the evil presence, she enjoyed the birds. Suddenly it was dark. Sarah heard voices and screams. Scared she screamed out loud. Not knowing what to do, she ran. Fear quickened her steps as she ran through the woods. It was just like the dream she thought to herself. She tripped. Then a large figure loomed into site. She screamed.

The prince thought that she must have seen something pulled her to his horse and took her home. Once they were out of the woods she looked at him and said, “Thank you so much. I do not know what would have happen if you hadn’t heard me.”
“I wouldn’t know what would have happen either.”
“Thank you for your help. Good day,” she said and walked away.
“Madam?” called the prince.
“Yes?”
“Would you mind if I came in?”
“Why, certainly not. How rude of me.”
They walked in and she not knowing who was in her presence said, “I am sorry, but what is your name?”
“Oh. I am… Carzen…Prince Carzen,” he said with a smile.
Sarah in shock gasped and fell back.
The prince worried said, “Are you alright?”
“No… no I am just fine. I was just having trouble acknowledging the thought.”
“Yes. I would like to know what it was that startled you.”
“Well… It was like this dream I had…”
“Dreams? Do you believe that dreams can come true?
“Very much. We all have dreams of our own. That no one even knows about. Sometimes not even ourselves.”
“What do you mean?”
“What I mean is that sometimes when you dream. You forget the dream. I guess it is something that has not or never will come true. Dreams could also be what you want to see or believe.”
“I never had any idea that you were intelligent.”
“Of course. I went to the school in Hazia.”
“Hazia?”
“Yes. It is one of the countries with the finest schools. Where did you go?”
“I if you can believe it went to the school in Hazia. How were you accepted?”
“They mysteriously send me a note when I was a little older than five. What about you?”
“I went when I was a little over six.”
“Interesting. I wonder why we hadn’t met. I know that all the classes groups up and meet the other classes, but I do not remember seeing you.”
“I wonder why myself.”
“Well. Let’s move to the subject at hand. Why were you traveling the roads in the woods?”
“I was just exploring my country. I have the right to do that, do I not?”
“Yes, you do, but I was wondering why you would be here. This village is right by the border and neither the king or queen has ever visited us.”
“Well, now I am visiting you. Do you have to ask so many questions?”
“Why… I did not mean it your highness.”
“Sarah! Are you okay?” questioned her father from behind them.
“My darling!” her mother called to her when she saw the person she was with.
“Mother, father, I would like to introduce Prince Carzen. If it wasn’t for him I would have been hurt.”
“Thank you your highness,” said Sarah’s father starting in a short bow.
Prince Carzen used to being dressed that way waved it off. “It was no problem to help a lovely mistress when she is in need of it.”
They entire family looked at each other with looks in their eyes. They all knew that Sarah was already betroth to a young man in the bordering country for their safety and she would soon depart.
“Your highness… What are you looking for in this part of the country?” Sarah asked.
“To tell the truth I was looking for you. You see? I sometimes dream of a girl like you and now that I have met you I would like to ask for your hand in marriage…”
“We are terribly sorry, but our dear Sarah is already betrothed. She will be departing soon,” said her parents sadly.
“What? I can not believe this! Who is the young man? Where does he live?”
“They live in the bordering country. She was betrothed to him when they were both just born. At the time we were traveling. Then the king and queen of the bordering country asked for her hand in marriage to their newly born son. She is to leave in a fortnight.”
“No. This can’t be! The villagers say that she is unattached!”
“The villagers don’t know. They will be crushed if she were to leave.”
“Are you sure that there is no way to break the betrothed?”
“Yes, we are,” her parents confirmed.
The prince started to walk out, heart broken that the girl of his dreams is betrothed to another. When out he got on his horse and rode home determined to get his father and mother to break the engagement.
The knights followed him. They all knew how he felt. All heart broken and he isn’t used to the feeling. The king and queen will hear of it. They all knew that from the direction that the prince is going, he will be headed home to find a way to break that engagement.
Three days after the prince had left the village Sarah was feeling rather low. Her parents had to lie to the prince. They all knew that she wasn’t betrothed to anyone, she just didn’t want to get married yet and her parents showed no sign of planning to crush that wish. A thought suddenly came to her! What if the prince went to the bordering country and asked the king and queen about their son? “Mother! Father! Come quick!”
“What is it darling?” asked her mother as she ran towards her daughter.
“Mother. What if the prince decided to try to break the “engagement”? What if he goes to the bordering country? What do we do?”
“Oh… your father and I never thought of that. Come on. Let’s pack. You hurry. We will tell the villagers that we are on vacation. The villagers won’t question you because your father and I used to travel a lot and were rarely home until we had you.”
“Okay. Mother?”
“Yes?”
“Thank you for all that you have done to help oblige my wishes.”
“That is what we are here for…”
“I would still like to thank you though.”
“Very well… You welcome my darling.”
They started to pack in a rush. Sarah went down to the village to tell the villagers what was to happen. They were all upset, but they knew I would be back so they wished them love and luck.
At the exactly same time that they left the prince reached home. His parents greeted him with enthusiasm. They knew that something was up. “How are you son?” asked his father.
“I would say angry and heart broken…”
“Why would you say such a thing Carzen?”
“I saw the girl in my dreams, but it appears that she is betrothed and I want her to be mine.”
“What? You say…betrothed?”
“Yes. She is to leave for the bordering country in a fortnight.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes…”
“Son… Which bordering country do you say?”
“I don’t know, but I will guess Syzan because she lives right by the border. The prince over there will be waiting her. I would like to ask you if you can talk the king and queen out of the engagement.”
“Son… The king and queen that are in charge of the bordering country…is dead. Their son has been married for years… Are you positive?”
“What? You say… married?”
“Yes.”
“Maybe I still have a chance… I have to go find her!”
“Go son. We will pray for you.”
The prince started for that little village again. This time he knew that he will have to find that girl and make her his.
Four days later he reached the village to find that Sarah had already left to go traveling. Her entire family had already left. This made him suspicious. There had to be a reason why she disappeared and he intended to find out.

Sarah and her parents have been traveling for almost a week. They were enjoying themselves. Her parents had forgotten what is was like to be able to have no responsibility and to just travel at their own pace and enjoy the times. This time it was even better, because they had with them the child that held their hearts and they were all together. Soon they were in town.
Mallikite watched in the shadows as the little family walked around the bend into the town. He had been following them for days. Tired he knew they would be in town for a few days. So tired, as he was he fell asleep. He knew he had to save his energy.
In town, they walked around and bought tools. They had decided to leave in a day. Later that afternoon Sarah walked into town and decided to shop for little tokens to buy for the villagers back home. She found toys for the kids, fabric for the women, and for the men, she found tools to build and work with. Her thin arms full of heavy packages she walked to the carriage. Waking her parents up, left leave town and headed to an unknown destination.
Mallikite was wrong about them staying. When he decided to check on them again, they were not in town. It seemed that they have already left for the next town. Anger raged through his body. Angry with himself for being such a fool. Then with a flick of his fingers he was seeing where they were. Knowing that it would take a few hours to reach them he started out.
Nightfall was coming. Sarah and her family decided to set up camp around a lake. They got a fire started and sat around its warmth as they kept to themselves admiring the amazing sunset.

Prince Carzen was setting up camp at the same time with his father’s men. They were looking for Sarah in a group of about twenty knights. His mother didn’t think he would be safe so she insisted that he bring along twenty of his father’s men. They all had their cots fixed up and sat by a fire. Across the lake they saw a fire also. Guessing that some of the civilians were out playing for the day they started to do some signal games to past the time. Soon they were covering the front of the fire for certain times to mean some things. Prince Carzen was amazed that they understood each other.

Sarah and her family saw a fire going on the other side of the lake. They started to signal. A game that the boys would play when they camp. So they signaled each other for a little while. Tired, her parents went to sleep. The moon was up high. Sarah wasn’t really tired so she sat by the fire. Since the night was warm she got into the water and went for a night swam.

Mallikite saw Sarah in the water and he knew that it was almost time to take her with him to his underground home. Tomorrow. That was how long he would wait he decided with himself. Satisfied with himself he went to sleep. They would not travel for the night he reassured himself. Dropping to sleep he dreamed of what Sarah would do for him when he gets her.

Prince Carzen couldn’t sleep so he went to sit by the fire. It was a hot night and the fire was still burning. As it started to die out slowly he went up to the flickering flames that sent shadows dancing gracefully in the water he added more wood to it. “Couldn’t sleep my lord?”
“No. I couldn’t. Come join me Areilas.”
“Yes my lord,” he said as he went up to his prince.
“What keeps you awake?”
“Oh. I was just thinking of my wife. She is with child.”
“She is? Congratulations. May you be blessed with a son.”
“Thank you my prince. What may I ask is keeping you up?”
“Nothing really. I was just thinking.”
“Don’t take this to offense, but I would always think to myself when I am nervous or in fear that just think about what will be to come when the problem is done. I have my wife waiting for me so I am always in a hurry to get back to her.”
“Thank you for your words of wisdom Areilas.”
“You welcome your prince.”
We sat in silence as we thought about the woman we loved and wish to be with. Quietly he excused himself and went to sleep in his cot. The prince sat there deep in thought of where Sarah was. He thought that it was odd that there would be fire on the other side since camping season was almost over. Well, maybe they have been busy. Or it could. Could it?
Having to know the answer he got up and studied the path around to the other side. It wasn’t long so he could make it to the other side an hours ride. He saddled his stallion and started to trot to the other side.
An hour later he slowed down as he saw that he was growing near. He started to tie his stallion to the tree and quietly walk to the other side of the trees and he saw the most magnificent site in the entire world. There was Sarah sitting by the fire and her hair was spread all around her shoulders. She got up slowly and started to undress. He watched as she went into the water. Prince Carzen noticed a shadow move by the trees and saw a man. He looked evil. Prince Carzen shook his head and looked again. He saw nothing. “It was only a hallucination,” he tried to assure himself.
Sarah stayed in the water for a while. Then he slowly got out from the shadows unable to contain himself. “Sarah?”
She screamed in reply. “Who is it?”
“Me. Prince Carzen.”
“What? How did you find me?” she asked sounding scared.
“I looked.”
He watched as she went deeper in the water.
“What do you want?”

Mallikite woke up when he heard the scream he heard. Looking he saw Sarah and a man. How was the intruder? He heard the intruder introduce himself as the prince. The beloved prince that the fairies had been keeping safe for years. He knew that he had to stop him, but he couldn’t.
He placed a barrier on himself and on Sarah so the prince couldn’t get close, but Sarah was immune to the barrier! An enraged Mallikite watched in the shadows as the “prince” converted with his Sarah. Jealously showed its ugly head as he watched longer.

In the meanwhile Sarah was talking with Prince Carzen. She felt very nervous and modest. Knowing that the Prince Carzen had been following her around for days she grew red as a beet. She had small talk with the prince. Knowing that if she had to be kind with the future ruler. “Um. Would you mind turning?”
“No. Why would you ask such a thing?”
“I need to change. If I stay any longer in the water I would be a prune,” she explained.
“Yes,” he said as he turned. Quickly Sarah got out and put on her robe. After a little freshening up she said he could turn. As he did he gasped. “Is something the matter?” she asked him.
“No, it is just that you look lovely in a robe with your hair all wet.”
“Well. I wouldn’t say that, but thank you.”
“You are graciously welcome. I have to return now. See you again soon.”
“Yes. Good to see you.”
“Good night.”
“And Prince Carzen?”
“Yes?”
“Thank you.”
“You welcome,” he said and turned around and disappeared into the woods.
Not soon after he left did she feel a presence behind her. She turned and there stood a magnificent man. Startled she let out a screech before he was able to cover her mouth. A few seconds later the prince came rushing back. “Sarah?”
He looked around and saw that Sarah was being held captive by a man. “Are you all right? Who is that man?”
“You will never have her. She is my wife,” said the man.
“Is this true? Sarah?” he questioned and saw that she had fainted.
“You will never see her again!”
“No!” screamed the prince.
The man along with Sarah disappeared as they floated away in the air. The only sound that was left behind was the echo of the evil laughter that the man left behind with him. Sarah was gone!
He knew that he had to find someone. Her parents! Knowing that they were still asleep he got his stallion settled and fell in an uneasy sleep by the fire.
He was awakened by a scream. Looking around he saw Sarah’s mother. “You highness! How did you get here?”
“Sarah is gone,” he said.
“Gone? Where did she go? Do you know?”
“No. A man. He took her. They just disappeared in the air. I guess that he is a sorcerer. They are horrible men that take as they please and do evil magic.”
“Dear God! What will happen to my baby?”
“I don’t know. He sounded as though he knew her very well.”
“Who was he? Did you recognize him?”
“No, but I have to leave right away. My father’s men are waiting for me on the other side. They would be worried.”
“We bid you well. Come back soon.”
“Yes. Good day.”
He got up and left. During his ride he thought about Sarah and the man.
Upon arriving to his camp his men were pacing worried. “Prince Carzen! Thank god that you are fine. Where have you been?”
“I was on the other side. Sarah is there. She was taken by a sorcerer.”
“Please slow down my prince. What happen and how did you get on the other side?”
“Last night. I saw the fire still alive and I decided to go visit. Then I saw Sarah,” he continued the story to his men. They were in shock when he was finished. Everyone knew that there were sorcerers and magical creatures, but they left the humans in peace.
Prince Carzen ordered everyone to start to search for her. They all went in different directions. Each knew that she had to be somewhere on this earth unless the sorcerer had destroyed her.
Prince Carzen sensed something calling him from the south. He rode his stallion towards south and felt that Sarah was there. Each mile he went he got closer to her.

Sarah was frightened. She didn’t know what the sorcerer was going to do to her, but she knew he was evil. She called silently into the night that someone would find her soon.
“Sarah.”
“Who are you? What do you want?” she asked him frightened.
“I am Mallikite. I want you. Haven’t you noticed?”
“What?” she asked.
“You heard me the first time. We will have to get along because this is going to be your new home. You will be here for a very long time. Just let me finish this potion. Then you will be mine forever!”
“Forever? What do you mean?”
“Have you ever heard of love potions?” he asked her. Sarah jerked and stayed quietly. She called out into the night for protection. Soon she fell asleep.
In her sleep she saw Prince Carzen coming to get her! She got happy, but soon saw that Mallikite was there also and she had this thought that he wouldn’t let her go without a fight. They fought with swords. It was a horrible battle.
Waking up she saw that she had been dreaming. It seemed so real. Standing up she paced around the little house. It seemed so small, but when she looked it was a gigantic home. She tried to leave, but couldn’t. It seemed that all the doors and windows were blocked. Outside she heard the pounding of hooves. Hoping that it was someone to come rescue her she looked out a window and sure enough she saw the prince! Happy that someone was here to save her hope burst into her body. Then a horrible thought came into mind. What if they fought? The prince wouldn’t have much of a chance to a sorcerer. No! Mallikite was in from him and they were starting to fight!
Suddenly swords clashed and powers flowed through the air. Sarah grew more frightened as each clash was defended and fought back. Every clash made her tense. Every defense made her expell a breath.
After a vicious battle it came to an end. The clashing of the swords ceased. She grew happy as she looked out to see who had won and Prince Carzen was standing! She was so happy. The house was soon filled with a warm light. She ran out and jumped into Prince Carzen’s open arms. “Thank you for coming to get me.”
“You are very welcome my lovely princess.”
“What?”
“Sarah. I want to ask you. Would you do me the greatest honor of all and marry me?”
“Oh. Yes!”
They kissed and went back to the castle. Both their parents were overjoyed and the fairies that had blessed both of them came to give them happiness.
One month later the wedding was held in a church. It was a beautiful wedding, but the bride was more beautiful. After the ceremony the newly wedded couple ran out of the church and into a beautiful white carriage where they started to ride to the rest of their life happily ever after!

© Copyright 2002 Eve Xiong (dennex911 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/485555-Sarah-the-Queen-of-Cyrzewan