*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/499465-The-Drifting-Ghost-Ship
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Action/Adventure · #499465
The poem about a ghost ship with no port.
Out on the deep water, a ship of an undisclosed origin was seen by the folk of a waterfront town.
Its hull was grey; the mast with an American Flag.
Throughout many waterfront towns it was seen.
Boaters took to the water to find the ship for a clearer look only to be dismayed they found it not.
No sign of life on board, no one would answer.
The radio messge, from the harbormaster, went un-answered.
Drifting in and out if it were a person but it was a ship looking for a home port, there wasn't one.
Days, weeks went by no answers only sightings of a ship with no port, no one on board, no communication.
People only could stare for a time to see it going by.
Losing sight as they would blink their eyes.
At night, during the full moon it was seen prominently.
In the same spot, the next morning it was gone.
No fuel color, on the water, for ships let off emissions.
Still no radio contact from another harbormaster.
On and on it went to every seaport.
All the same story was heard.
What later became known as the drifting ghost ship was never ever found.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/499465-The-Drifting-Ghost-Ship