*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/501356-Secret-Admirer
by Adelie
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #501356
Letter to a secret admirer. Written for the Writer's Cramp contest
I picture you, picture your sweet smile, just for me. I have been waiting for you, waiting so long! I didn't know I could be this happy...I haven't been this happy in such a long time. I knew we were meant for each other. All those nights I spent outside your window, watching you, yearning...they paid off! Now it is bliss, complete bliss.

I cannot wait until you come take me away, as you described in your letter. You said I could go to Jamaica, Paris, Venice. I knew we would go there, I could just tell. By the way you looked at me, your eyes, how they called out to me! When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you smile...

I am the happiest girl in the world, and all because of you. You are so kind, so considerate, so sweet and funny! You made me smile when I read your letter...do you realize that's the first time I smiled in years? I didn't smile because I had no reason to, no man to smile to. Can you feel me smiling, Jim? I am.

Can you see me? Look outside, there I am! Behind the oak tree. I don't need to hide anymore, now that I know you love me. Here I come, Jim!

Don't be scared, this gun is only for protection. There are a lot of sickos out there, and I'm just a girl. Jim, what are you doing? That's my gun! I didn't think I would need protection from you. Oh, I see, you're trying to hug me. How sweet! I knew I was right about you!

What do you mean, you never wrote any letter? Jim, I have known you all my life, and I know what you write. Remember your journal in eighth grade? You sure had some steamy thoughts! You didn't know I had your locker combination, but I was sure you wouldn't mind.

Stop that! I need this gun. No, please, leave it alone! Ow, get your hands off of me! I was wrong, you're not sweet at all. Just—...uh-oh.

Jim, you left me no choice. I thought you loved me! You did, I know it, but something changed. Now I have to find someone new. You know, Brandon is pretty cute.
© Copyright 2002 Adelie (brigitte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/501356-Secret-Admirer