*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/507007-The-Drifting-Ghost-Ship-Surfaces-Again
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #507007
The ship comes to port on the NC coastline.
In the first story we told of the drifting ghost ship. How it would appear at different ports looking for its home port. This story will bring you up to date of the ships last sighting. Radio transmissions went unanswered in our first story the same now exists. For off the coast of NC the ship was sighted again. In the waters off of a town called Beaufort, the ship was off the site known as Radio Island. People wondered if this was the same ship with its gray hull and the mast with the American flag and it was. Navy ships on the same area would pass the ship. It became a topic of conversation among the men on board the Navy ships.
With careful attention, they would view the ship at night. The same happenings occurred. The lights were on the ship and as the radio transmissions received no answer to the harbormaster a sense of fear became apparent.
Instead of disappearing from sight the next day as it had done before it was clearly seen in the same spot the next morning.
People, actually the Coast Guard from Fort Macon were called to investigate the drifting ship . With careful observation they came upon the paperwork such as maps, charts, graphs, plus one more piece of information. The builder's name or what seemed to be the builder's name was noted.
The name was that of Rose Boat... the print was faded to where the name of the rest of it was unclear to the one who saw it. The ship seemed to be looking for its home port and the Radio Island was the place it remained longer than other times. A month or two it was there. As other times though it disappeared the next morning. The Navy ship moored close by it never saw it leave. Question is--When will it return?
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/507007-The-Drifting-Ghost-Ship-Surfaces-Again