*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/507966-Error-In-Judgement
by Gizzy
Rated: E · Essay · Romance/Love · #507966
Essay I wrote for school. The topic was reliving something in your past.
The ability to relive a time from my past would be an incredibly precious gift. So often we as humans make irreparable decisions while blinded by present circumstances or grave misjudgments. It is one of these blunders, more so than any common mistake, wrong turn, or slip-of-the-tongue, that I would so desire to rectify.

I try to avoid making errors in judgment, and I would like to consider myself successful. I try to stay reserved and to see people as precious masterpieces created by a loving God-each one loved no more or less than another. However, I may have simply replaced the frequency of my prejudiced errors with a greater magnitude of error.

At one time during my high school career I encountered an intriguing, amiable young woman who had a crush on me. She was beautiful, she had an interesting personality, and most importantly was easy to talk to. However, I thought that her flirtatious manner was an indication of a shallow, high maintenance self whose morality was too distant from my own. I held this incorrect judgment for the three or four months that she desired to date me. I told her, among other things, that she was too young, that she would be hurt, and that it wouldn’t work out. Eventually my decision for not dating her had become a habit instead of the result of intelligent reasoning. By the time my prejudiced sentiments crumbled under the feelings I had for her, she had finally moved on. The words I used to dissuade her came back out of her mouth to haunt me.

It is this hasty judgment that I wish to alter. I had a chance. It was the very chance I often seek of my own accord, yet I passed it by, like a man who missed the last train bound for home on Christmas Eve.
© Copyright 2002 Gizzy (gizzy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/507966-Error-In-Judgement