*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/516592-America-Ascends-Above-Ashes
Rated: E · Poetry · History · #516592
September 11th Tribute To America & The World
"AMERICA ASCENDS ABOVE ASHES"


"Amid The Agony And Ashes America Prevails"

"God Bless America"


America ascends above ashes. Amid the agony and ashes America prevails. God Bless America. Even so come Lord Jesus come. On September 11, 2001, mighty enemies perpetrated the greatest, inhumane, atrocities on humankind in America. The enemy achieved a tremendous amount of suffering, tears, death and destruction. Yet they failed in destroying her; instead America triumphed over her tragedies, because God was on her side. The people rallied around one another with an outpouring of love, care, help, support and prayers. America’s citizens, formed an emotional and spiritual chain of hands and hearts.

Until that day many Americans including myself, had been taking all of our freedoms for granted every day. I am now realizing how marvelous our freedoms are. God thank you that as an American citizen, Christian and a writer, that I have the freedom to write this tribute to America. The freedom to worship as I desire, and the freedom to write this, are the highest honors, most precious privileges, best blessings and finest of freedoms. I cherish them in my heart. God thank You, that I may voice my opinions and feelings, including in any of my writings, without fear of oppression, persecution or death. God, please keep Your mighty hand upon America. Please keep her and all the inhabitants safe and strong; and I pray that we all turn to You for guidance every day. God, keep Your hand on our Allies and on all our Armed Forces everywhere. I pray that You will keep Your hand upon all peace loving people in all nations of the world.

I pray that America’s Eagle will always soar above our foes, as it soars above the Heavens; America will vigilantly keep the candles burning; the American flag will ever wave; the American citizens will stand united in strength. Morals are spiraling downward world wide, the whole world is going crazy; there is so much violence. I am ready to leave it all and go to Heaven, to be with You forever. Someday You will come and take us Christians to Heaven. There will be no more wars, no more tears, no more death, no more destruction. Even so, come Lord Jesus come. Amid the agony and ashes America prevails. God Bless America. America ascends above ashes.



Note: I always make up two lines of my quotes above my poems.


Copyright 2002







© Copyright 2002 Shy Poet (shy-poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/516592-America-Ascends-Above-Ashes