*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/526597-Laurens-Story
by Blakey
Rated: 13+ · Other · Adult · #526597
one of my characters parents history...the actual character's story is in the works
She sits behind her bar and watches. Her long blonde silky hair lies half loosely around her shoulders with half of it tied back with a blue bow. Her light blue eyes scout around the area. The rowdy crowd mostly of Drasnians many of the newly graduated ones from the academy. She scoffs knowing Javelin would be terribly disappointed at the information flying out of the drunkards. A soft tap at the bar causes her to turn her soft blue eyes to the man at the side.

“Excuse me barmaid. Would it be possible to get a flask of ale for myself and some food for my friend?” The man at the side asked.

Slightly taken aback by the politeness from the stranger and looks him over. He’s slightly taller than herself, light hair and the typical sharp nose of a Drasnian, with soft facial features and the most stunning pair of violet eyes that has ever been seen. She looks to the mans side to see a young beautiful Algarian woman, long dark hair, the same height with beautiful blue marbled eyes.

“You kind sir can call me Lauren, and most certainly. What would the beautiful Algarian like to eat?” The Drasnian barkeep asked.

The Algarian blushed at the compliment and slightly lowered her head in a very soft yet tingling musical voice “Whatever 5 copper Nobles can buy.” She said and began to reach into her money pouch. Then Lauren smiled softly and began to rhyme off the entire menu. The man blinked taken aback at the wide selection of choice for such a small value of money.

“You mad…Lauren you may call me Rhodar. This is Rossia. You run a cheap inn since that is quite a large selection for 25 copper.” Rhodar said in a very suspicious matter.

Lauren raised her eyebrow at the handsome man and smiled. She turned her attention back to the Algar and awaited the order.

“A slice of bread and cheese if you don’t mind.” Rossia said keeping her head low in a very meek matter.

“Rossia my dear raise your head.” Lauren slowly reached across her bar and tilted the woman’s chin up. “You have nothing to lower your face around here for. And if anyone tries any funny stuff with you…” Lauren left her sentence hanging and pulled back her cape and flashed her rapier. “They’ll answer to me. Now I will not stand by and let you eat just a slice of bread and cheese. You’ve both treated me with respect and politeness your order is on me. Now…” Lauren waved her left hand to signify Rossia to pick a proper meal. Rossia smiled and looked up to Rhodar who nodded and gave his own smile. Rossia sat up on the stool after picking her meal. Lauren brought out a healthy deal of vegetables with a slab of meat on the side and the flask of Ale.
“Anything to eat kind sir? To drink Madame?” Lauren asked properly.

Both guests shook their heads and smiled to Lauren and Rossia began to eat her food. Lauren looked over to see a rather large Dwarf with red hair and a long shaggy beard, his eyes were dark brown, and it was very apparent to even an untrained eye he was extremely drunk. Lauren grew worried over the Dwarf causing trouble and with small subtle finger movements she spoke in Drasnian secret to Rhodar. “Watch out for the drunken dwarf beside her”. Rhodar nodded in acknowledgement and Rossia’s fingers caught Laurens eyes. “Thanks I’ll be careful.” Lauren arched an eyebrow and nodded approvingly and smiled. Rhodar smiled in return.

Lauren went and waited on a few tables and dealt with a few brawls and came back to her bar to see Rhodar and Rossia facing the drunken dwarf. Lauren rolled her blue eyes and slammed her empty tankard in the middle of the people.
“GROMLECH!” Lauren yelled. “What are you doing?!”

The short and stout red haired dwarf glared at Lauren with his brown eyes.
“Gromlech, want her!” He pointed at Rossia.

Lauren shook her head and placed her hand on her rapier. The bar went from deafening to complete silence in a matter of seconds.
“Do NOT cause trouble in MY bar Gromlech. I will NOT put up with it. The Algar gets left alone or you WILL lose.” Laurens voice dropped to a threatening tone and gave a low level growl. Gromlech glared and spit at Lauren. Rhodar backed up and flicked his left wrist and got his dagger ready. Rossia was frozen in fear. Gromlech reach out for Rossia and Lauren pulled her rapier and taking initiative jumped up and over her bar and sliced off Gromlech’s hand. He screamed in extreme pain.
“NOW leave Dwarf.” She said in an icy tone. Gromlech ran out of the bar and into the street. Lauren took in a deep breath, her voice took her normal tone of light and friendly voice. “Everyone now leave.” Lauren swung her rapier around and stopped Rossia and Rhodar. She dropped her voice to a whisper. “You two stay.”

It didn’t take long for the bar to be cleared out. Lauren walked back behind her bar and leaned against it exposing her cleavage. Rhodar took a deep breath and swallowed a lump in his throat. Lauren clasped her hands in front of her.
“Now you two enjoy your dinner while I tidy around.” Lauren got a rag cloth and began to wipe her counter clean from the blood left from Gromlech. Rossia sat very content eating her dinner. Rhodar looked over to Rossia, took a drink of his ale and leaned forward.
“We must thank this one. Just a moment.” Rhodar left the bar and stayed outside for a few moments.

Rossia sat in silence as Lauren cleaned up. Lauren went to the back and sent the kitchen crew home and came back to the bar by Rossia and pulled up a stool.
“You’re very quite beautiful one.” Lauren stated.
“Nothing much to say really…” Rossia lowered her head again.
“No need to hang your head lil’ one. You are far from your tribe and it is not the time for herding. Why?”
“Rhodar came to my tribe and requested my service from my father and swore my protection.”
“Service for what?”
“I…uhh…talk to the horses.”
“Ahh a rare gift and a very good service indeed.”
“One’s very temper mental needs to be settled down a bit.”
“I’m sure one of your talent can handle it.”

Rossia blushed and raised her head to face Lauren. The two smiled at each other and looked to the door as Rhodar came through.
“I must say Lauren dear, you have a way to piss the wrong people off.” Rhodar stated and sat back down to finish is flask of ale. Lauren gave a shrug and smiled.
“It’s a talent.”
“Does it come in handy?”
“Do you see the bar rowdy and full?”
“No…” Rhodar looked around the bar and raised his eyebrow.
“It does come in handy.” Lauren said and smiled and refilled his flask and got herself one.
“Rhodar and I would like to thank you for protecting myself and him.”
“Not a problem anyone who respects me in MY bar is protected from other customers.”

Rhodar and Rossia smiled and nodded and finished their orders. Lauren finished her drink and looked at both not even phased by the alcohol.

“Now do you both need lodging? For there are two free rooms upstairs and if you need anything.” Lauren pointed to the door to her right. “My room is there. Do what you will.” Lauren said and swayed seductively to her room.

Rhodar and Rossia smiled softly as they sat back and organized the dirty dishes.

“I didn’t think it would be that…” Rhodar stopped in mid sentence and fell to the floor. Horror and fear grabbed Rossia.

“Rhodar!” Rossia yelled and dropped to her knees and pulled the hunter green dart from his neck and didn’t give it a second thought and threw it to the ground. Lauren came down from the stairs, and slowly made her way to Rossia. Lauren offered her hand to the shaken Algarian and helped her up to her feet. Lauren leaned in close and whispered.
“I’ll take you someplace safe.”

Rossia held tightly to Laurens hand and followed the Drasnian barkeep out of the bar and down the street a while to turn into the Head Quarters. Lauren kept a firm grip on Rossia’s hand and pulled her along into a room that was pretty bare, it had the basics of four walls and a roof, to her left and right were chairs lined up much like a waiting room. The only pictures that made the room not bare were of the outdoors, nice small paintings, in the back of the room there was a pine desk with papers strewn about, in a somewhat organized mess. A head looked up and saw the two women enter. Lauren bowed her head in respect and moved to the side to reveal Rossia.
“Greetings Javelin, A hunter green dart hit Rhodar and this here is Rossia the one you requested to be brought in.” Lauren said and gave a small wink “My assignment is done.”
“Very good job, well done to near perfection I approve. Now Falcon, go back and we will take care of Rossia.” Javelin said and motioned for Rossia to follow. Rossia unsure of the new man looked to Lauren who nodded and Rossia followed Javelin into a smaller room behind the desk. Lauren smiled to herself and started to walk back to her bar. Through the dark town she went but stopped at the ally to peer inside. This has got to be one of the STUPIDEST things I’ve done. She thought to herself and saw the dwarf reach out and grab her by the collar and threw her into the alley.

“You upset Gromlech!” Gromlech yelled and pointed to his severed hand. Lauren held in a chuckle.
“You messed up my bar!” Lauren stated calmly and Gromlech growled and pressed harder into Laurens collarbone. Lauren winced slightly but refused to show any fear or pain. Gromlech growled again and glared menacingly at her.
“Move that hand closer and you’ll lose that one too.” Lauren said in the most threatening tone she could muster being half choked. The young Drasnian was pushed up against the wall harder. She let out a short little yelp of pain.
“GROMLECH Let go of me NOW!” Lauren yelled and just as she shut her mouth Gromlech fell to the ground in a large heap and a loud thud. Lauren coughed and looked up to see Rhodar.
“Told you that you knew how to piss the wrong people off.” Rhodar said and lent a hand to help Lauren up. Rhodar linked their arms and the two of them started to walk the streets towards the bar.

“I enjoy pissing people off. It is what I do best.” Lauren said with a grin
“I noticed.” Rhodar said dryly and Lauren smiled his way and led him into the bar to sit on a stool. “Where is Rossia?”
“With Javelin. I brought her there after drugging you with a hunter green dart.”
“A little blunt eh?”
“No it was actually quite sharp.”
“I meant you as a person.”
“He he I’ve never been one for beating around the bush.” Lauren said and got herself a drink and leaned across the bar. The two sat there drinking for a few more hours. Rhodar started spitting information about how he was taking Rossia to Javelin to get her to agree into getting the Algarian tribes to be looked after by the Drasnian pike men this winter. Lauren just gave a smirk to Rhodar.
“You know you have beautiful eyes.” Lauren commented and took a hold of Rhodar’s hand. Rhodar blindly followed Lauren into a room that was beautifully done. There was a four-poster bed done up in blue and purple silk sheets, a dresser to the side. Rhodar was guided over to sit on the bed. Lauren stepped back and looked over him.
“Are you enjoying what you see?” Rhodar asked with a bit of a smirk.
“I don’t know I’m really not one for the previews. I prefer to get to the main event.”

As Lauren said this she shrugged and her tunic slid slowly off her shoulders and fell to the floor. Rhodar took in a deep breath and couldn’t move but to blink. Lauren gave a small satisfying smile and began to under her pants. She slowly pushed them down and stepped out of them gracefully and advanced on Rhodar. Rhodar could still only blink as she pressed herself against him he swallowed the lump in his throat and raised his hands to caress her smooth silky skin. Lauren reached down and untied Rhodar’s tunic and pulled it off of him. His hands reached over to gently massage her breasts.

Soft moans and grunts were heard from the door and the glint of mischief appeared on the Dwarf’s eyes waiting outside.

The next morning Rhodar woke up to find Lauren next to him fast asleep. He smiled and gently leaned over and softly kissed her on the forehead. In response Lauren rolled over and clutched the pillow close to her. Rhodar quietly got out of the bed and headed to the door. Before he reached the handle the door swung open and a glimmer of an axe came down on Rhodar. Gromlech gave a black-toothed grin that quickly faded when Rhodar jabbed the dagger into his chest. Bleeding profusely Gromlech let go of his axe and fell backwards. Rhodar grinned and blood poured out of his mouth and he fell to the ground. Lauren opened her eyes to see Rhodar fall and ran to him. She cradled his head close to her breasts and rocked back and forth gently. She began to run her fingers through his hair.
“Keep breathing, you’ll be alright…”
“Falcon…let Javelin know and don’t let our child know about this.” Rhodar looked up at Lauren who was still naked. “I do love you Lauren…” Rhodar said and reached up with his hand that had the dagger and touched her hair and closed his eyes and slipped out of conscience. Lauren hugged him close and whispered.
“I promise and, I love you.”


---------------------------------------
Cotton's story Laurens Daughter will come next ^_^
© Copyright 2002 Blakey (mitsukai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/526597-Laurens-Story