*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/530166-My-granny
Rated: E · Other · Family · #530166
Granny was the most wonderful woman in the world!
Dedicated to Wilma May Clymer
August 26, 1914-February 26, 2002

I remember going to visit Gram at her house on Bass Lake in the Summer. It was a huge place, and I would have dreams while there of secret passages behind the walls, and a dungeon in the cellar. There was a recreation room downstairs, and the walls throughout were of red cedar paneling. The driveway was in the shape of a teardrop with a giant Willow tree in the center. I remember always riding around and around on my little red tricycle

I would only go there though on one condition. She had to have Froot Loops for me to have each morning. Silly things like that are what I remember.

Granny would always go swimming with me in Bass Lake, where she lived for so many years, and then later on at Clifford Lake. She would put on her swimming cap and her life-jacket and just paddle around. Any time I wanted her to watch me do a trick, she would always watch, no matter what else was going on.

The years passed, and things changed as they always do. It is a never ending circle, after all.

Granny was getting older, and a little more frail with each passing day. She fell down on February 16, 2002, and if Mom hadn't gotten to her when she did, she may not have made it through those last ten days that she spent in the hospital.

I will not dwell on the details of her stay in the hospital, except that she was strong, at least she tried to be, and she had the fight in her up until the last moments of her life. For that I will always admire her.

I love you Granny C. and we will meet again one day, when we are both happy and healthy, and still full of the love we have always shared.
© Copyright 2002 Frizsis, TaxPro (jackatack_99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/530166-My-granny