*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/544290-THE-SECRET-TO-LIFE
by Mary
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #544290
This is an inspirational essay that enriches the soul with spiritual nourishment.
I glanced at my night stand and picked up my Bible. I blew the dust away. Has it been that long since God has spoken to me through His word? Has it been that long since I've listened to David the Psalmist cries for mercy, or John's words of light for the world? How can I survive this turbulent world without the love of God guiding me along lifes rocky terraine? There is no peace in this world, only in the world that is unseen. The world that lies between our mind and our heart. This soulful world is full of Gods peace. Had I forgotten that? My father once told me that the answer to all of life's problems are contained in the Bible. These are words of wisdom I live by. How is it that I forgot this wonderful truth?

I opened the Bible and started to read.

"You are of God little children,and have overcome them, because He who is in you, is greater than he who is in the world."
1 John 4:4

I anxiously searched for more.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

I was now engrossed with finding the answer to all of lifes problems. I wanted a clue to make the world a better place to live in. I knew it was there and I wanted to reveal it. Then, I stumbled across this quote.

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself"
Matthew 19:19

There was my answer in this one little sentence filled with the wisdom of all the ages of great poets, sages and prophets. If we all loved our neighbor there would be no wars, no terrorist, no hate crimes, no slander, no abuse, no fear to walk the streets at night. There would be peace, love, joy and contentment in the world. There would be unity, freedom, and justice. There would be no starvation. It would be such a perfect world. It would be the world that God intended it to be. It was so simplistic.

The dust is now clear from my Bible and doesn't accumulate anymore. Because I know that I can't survive this world without the Light of Christ that guides me through the darkness on this journey that beckons me to find more answers.

Peace,
Mary

Visit my web site at
http://maryray4.tripod.com/exposed/

A peaceful site to escape life and emerse yourself in peaceful prayers, meditations and love. You can add your poems onto my website, for free of course, and this will give your writing more exposure.


© Copyright 2002 Mary (mary4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/544290-THE-SECRET-TO-LIFE