*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/581488-Worth-Fighting-For
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #581488
What happens when you wrestle with God.
It's late, and my feet are cold. Yes I have socks on, and heat in my home, but my feet are still cold. They always are. There's just some things we live with. Some things we wrestle with.

This is not all bad.

Jacob, in the bible, wrestled with God for a Blessing. He came away with a limp, a limp he had to live with, wrestle with, for life.

But God Blessed Him.

God began the 12 tribes of Israel with Jacob, who was later known as Israel. Not only did Jacob have a limp, but his name was changed as well.

Anything worth having is worth fighting for...That is if you know how to fight.

Fighting does not merely mean fists and blood. The bible tells us how to fight. Paul says to "fight the good fight", and "Stand Firm". Proverbs tells us that words have power. They have the power to "strengthen and build up", and to "tear down and destroy".

But what does all this mean?

Well, the good fight, would mean using your words to strengthen and build up. Search out a matter, find what is good and hold on to it. Stand Firm in your faith and continue to bless others, not curse them. Even if we feel like they need to be cursed, we need to bless them. That is what it means to stand firm; Stand firm in Christ. To fight the GOOD fight; as Christ would have us do. There is a promise in that, The bible also says, "He who stands firm to the end will be saved".

My feet are still cold.

Perhaps they are so cold all the time, because they are firmly planted. Standing Firm. They are not moving about, or rushing to evil to keep warm. The rest of me feels great. I found that as long as my mouth blesses others, my Father in Heaven blesses me.

I'm glad my feet are always cold.

It's MY limp, my reminder that His Grace is Sufficient for me. It means someday I too will have a new name. I don't know where in the world I had the audacity to begin to wrestle with God, but I am glad I did.

Because anything worth having, is worth fighting for.
© Copyright 2002 Remmington (remmington at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/581488-Worth-Fighting-For