*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/586641-WritingCom-Questions--Answers
Rated: E · Article · Writing.Com · #586641
Questions and answers regarding the name change from Stories.Com to Writing.Com!
The following questions regarding the name change are some of the most common among our members:

Do I have to join again?
No, your membership will continue on completely uninterrupted. You don't have to do a thing!

Do I have to move my portfolio somewhere else?
No, you don't have to do a thing. You, your portfolio and your items stay where they are; we just change the domain.

Will my Upgrade or Premium Membership be affected in any way?
No, your memberships will continue on uninterrupted and without change.

What happens to my Stories.Com email address?
Your Stories.Com email address will continue to work for over a year. All of your email will automatically be forwarded to your new @Writing.Com email address.

What about my Stories.Com URLs and links?
Visitors to old Stories.Com links will automatically be redirected to the same page under the Writing.Com domain without interruption.

Will there be an easy way to change "Stories.Com" to "Writing.Com" in my items?
Yes, immediately following the launch, we will provide a one-click tool that will find and replace "Stories.Com" with "Writing.Com" in the title, brief description and main body of all items in your portfolio. Remember, you will need to activate this feature; it will not happen automatically. Changes to journal entries, forum posts, personal images, etc. will need to be done by hand. This tool will be available January 1, 2003.

When is the change going to take place?
We will officially launch the new Writing.Com domain, web, email services and logo at Midnight (EST), New Year's Eve (December 31, 2002).

Are the services and features going to change?
Nothing about the community or site is going to change except for any name-related things such as our logo, the domain, documentation, etc.

Will you and SM be changing your names?
No, I will remain as The StoryMistress and he will remain The StoryMaster. Those are our names.

When will I be able to get Writing.Com branded products?
We will release new Writing.Com products, such as t-shirts, mugs and hats, in early 2003. Until then, don't forget that we're running a big sale on the (now collectible!) Stories.Com products listed in our store.

Why are you changing the name from Stories.Com to Writing.Com?
The name Writing.Com is more professional, easier to explain, clearly geared toward writing and very hard to forget. Someone only needs to hear it once to understand the purpose of this community.

Over two years ago, when we first created Stories.Com, the focus and sole intent was Interactive Stories. As the site has evolved, we have created features and item types for much, much more than just stories. Over these past two years, we’ve watched with excitement as the community and its members have grown. With more than 80 genres and 16 item types, our services now encompass all and every type of writing, not just stories. Basically, we've outgrown our name.


If you did not find an answer to your question, please drop an email to us using the textbox below and we will post your question/answer here!
© Copyright 2002 The StoryMistress (storymistress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/586641-WritingCom-Questions--Answers