*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/595436-Thankful
Rated: E · Article · Personal · #595436
you should be thankful during this uncertain time, no matter how the world treats you
During this holiday season, take some time to be thankful. Forget that you absolutely hate your mother-in-law. Forget you hate your ex-husband. Be thankful you're not a Chechen refugee, spending Christmas in a refugee camp.

Be thankful you have a roof over your head, an ex to fight with and a stepmother to hate. Be thankful you have food on the table and presents under the tree. Be thankful you live where you live and you don't have to worry about war or fear on a daily basis. Be thankful you live in a wealthy country that can help support you when you are down on your luck.

Be thankful that you screwed up your fudge because you had fudge to screw up. Be thankful for the snow that prevented you from going out on Christmas Eve. Be thankful you have your health and your children by your side. Be thankful for the loved ones who can't be with you during the holidays because they live far away or have moved on to a different plane of existence. They are with you in spirit.

Be thankful for the holiday season, even if you did stand in line for 30 minutes at Wal-mart to get the last Bratz! doll for your 10-year-old. Be thankful for that rude lady who has to have her groceries bagged a certain way, and holds up the rest of the line. Be thankful for that Scrooge of a boss who only gives you Christmas Day off from work, because at least you have a job.

Be thankful for your grandfather who has emphysema and has to breathe through an oxygen mask, because this may be his last Christmas. Be thankful for the snowplow drivers who travel soooooo slowly but who get the roads cleared for you to go to your family's house. Be thankful for that hideous blouse that your aunt sent you because it's the thought that counts.

Be thankful for the people who have to work on the holiday because they keep the country running and/or safe. Be thankful for everything you have, even if you think you have nothing---because I bet you have a lot more than you think you do.
© Copyright 2002 Cass--Spring Spirit (keri5707 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/595436-Thankful