*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/601182-On-Life-Love-Pain-and-Lobotomies
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Writing · #601182
The notions of a soul lost in life's intricacy
I've come to realize that emotions are a myriad of conflicting feelings torn between two main entities: pain and love. But these two contradictory emotions are somewhat linked and dependent on one another for their continued existence. It is an irony that baffles even the greatest of minds for its complexity is an intricate web that exemplifies simplicity. It is an embodiment of man’s obscurity torn into two bodies circling each other, creating a within them an incomprehensible and convoluted mass of emotions that is stored within the membrane of man’s existence.

Life is governed by the mind and by the heart. By reason and by reason overshadowed by emotion. It is centered along the mind, the heart and the soul of a person. Life, as we call it, is an existential exercise that demands equilibrium between these two emotions for a better hope at survival. Man does not live merely by existing, a body is only a shell, man thrives on what is inside the soul and subsistence is feeding the body and the soul.

If so, can man exist without pain and love? Is lobotomy a reality, or is it merely an abomination to man’s existence? Is feeling nothing or knowing nothing the solution to extenuate life’s continuing proceedings or is it the shortest path to inexistence, to nothingness, to a blur, to a life served yet unlived? Is it virtually feeling nothing in search for the shortest route to happiness or is it merely a mask for the curse called misery? Is it worth living if you were to feel nothing? Is lobotomy a tempest sent to destroy man’s heart, soul and mind?

I have cast aside my hesitations and have laid down the questions that have threatened to consume my being. I have now brought forth an array of mixed and jumbled ruminations that have caused the years of contemplation and scrutiny. Life, love, pain and lobotomies are perplexing notions that my mind cannot fathom. Think if you may, and welcome to the Byzantine labyrinth that is my mind.
© Copyright 2003 Heavy Traffic (hypesthetic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/601182-On-Life-Love-Pain-and-Lobotomies