*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/605301-Perspectives-Part-1--Part-2
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #605301
Two mens perspectives on one intemse and dramatic situation.
Perspectives: Part 1.

The Gunman.


As I stood with my gun placed firmly against this assholes head I slowly began to run it all over again in my memory.

How he had walked out on me in the gem heist 10 years ago, then left me to rot in jail for 6 years. How he had then set me up to be the fall guy for the murder of my own wife. Then he even had the guts to come back and kill my only son.

This guy was once my best friend. We had met back in High School. We grew up in the same small run down part of Glasgow and me clicked instantly. We hung around all through our teens and we got into all sorts of trouble. We even went to university together.

When we left university we began small time drug dealing and theft. By our late twenties we had given up on selling drugs and turned to stealing large amounts of money and electronics goods.

That’s when a guy named Simmons, who wanted us to pull off a heist, approached us. It was gonna be a simple job. All we had to do was go into the warehouse, wave our guns around, take the gems and leave but when we got there the police were waiting for us, we had been set up. He ran off and left me with a hand cannon and a bag full of stolen expensive Gems.

“They set me up!!” he screamed as he knelt on the floor.
“Who set you up?” I asked.
“I can't tell you. They’ll kill me if I do…”
“ ’N’ I’ll kill you if you don’t!” I interrupted.
He broke down into tears. I watched the droplet squeeze its way out of his eye and slowly run down over his cheek. Leaving a trail of moisture behind it.

I pushed the gun harder into his head. And looked away. I couldn’t bare to look at him. He made me sick. Just thinking about what this man had done to me made my stomach turn. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to blast his brains all over the back wall of this filthy little apartment.

I walked around the room slowly. Thinking about what I should do. Keeping the gun fixed on his head the whole time.

“If you move. Even to scratch your fuckin’ nose. I’ll mix your tiny brain in with that paint on the wall!” I demanded.

I paced over to the window and looked out at the cars speeding down the road. That’s when I heard the sirens. Then I stuck my head slightly out the window and glanced out. The lights were flashing and the cars were approaching fast. If I was going to get revenge for what this prick had done to me. Then now was the time to do it.

I spun round on the spot. And gazed directly into his eyes. He was shaking in fear. I paused for a second then raised the gun to his face. He began to shake his head and scream for help.

“You couldn't have ever thought I’d let you get way with what you've done to me?” I asked.
“I didn't do it!!” He screamed between the sobs.
“You didn't just take away my wife ‘n’ my son. You ruined my whole life!!!” I shouted in anger.
“Don’t kill me!!” he begged.
“SHUT UP YOU CUNT!!!” I shouted.

As I shouted, I heard the thumping of the police footsteps coming up the stairs outside in the hall.

I glanced at the huge gun in my hand.

“They can send me back to jail if they want. I’ve got nothing to live for anymore anyway!” I said as a tear pushed its way out onto my face.

Then I pulled back on the trigger and smiled as I watched his head explode in a shower of blood. I fell back and slid down the door ‘till I was sitting on the floor.

I threw the gun out the window and waited for them to come in and take me away to my destiny.



Perspectives: Part 2.

The Victim.


I knelt on the floor of my apartment. With that gun pressed so close to my head I could almost feel the bullet already.

I looked up at his face and I could tell that he was thinking of the past, of when we had grown up in Glasgow. When we had met at that small high school and how we had become best friends instantly.

I also knew that he must have been thinking about the gem heist. He thought I set him up. He thought I had ran away so he would take the fall. I ran because I saw the police. He doesn’t remember but I shouted to him to run before I even moved. I told him to drop the gems and get the fuck out.

And I knew he had to be thinking about his wife and about his son. I was framed. He thought I killed them but it was Simmons. Simmons did it all. He had set us up at the heist and when he found out I escaped he set about setting me up.

Simmons was the father of a kid we had sold drugs to when we were young and naive. We didn’t know who the kid was or whom he had ties with. But it turns out that he was the son of Mick Simmons, one of the biggest names in the gang world of Glasgow. When the kid got home and took the stuff we sold him he over dosed. He couldn’t handle it and his father wasted no time and trying to find out who sold him the drugs.

“They set me up!!” I screamed.
“Who set you up?” He grunted.
“I can't tell you. They’ll kill me if I do…”
“ ’N’ I’ll kill you if you don’t!” He stopped me half way through a sentance.

I felt the tears of fear start to build up inside me. I knew I was going to die. I was going to die at the hands of a man that was once my best friend and that’s exactly hat Simmons wanted

He jammed the gun even closer to my skull and I twitched thinking he had pulled the trigger. I began to pray to god to save my life. I had never been a huge believer but staring death in the face like that was enough to turn Anton LaVey Christian.

As I watched him pace around me with that gun fixed on my head. I prayed for the police to show up and get him before he could kill me. He had been turned crazy by the thoughts of revenge and couldn’t see clearly. I don’t even think he could hear me when I was telling him I didn’t kill them..

“If you move. Even to scratch your fuckin’ nose. I’ll mix yer tiny brain in with that paint on the wall!” He demanded.

I watched as he edged over to the window and looked out. I stopped breathing in hope of being able to hear the police sirens. Surely they’d be here soon. He’d been in my apartment for nearly 20 minutes and I’d called the police when I saw him coming down the street. They must be nearly here. Then I heard the sirens. And I let out a sigh of relief.

He turned to face me and he caught me with an evil gaze. The stare alone was enough to strike fear deep within my heart if I wasn’t already trembling. He brought the gun back up to my face and I screamed for him to stop but he wouldn’t listen.

“You couldn't have ever thought I’d let you get away with what you've done to me?” He accused again..
“I didn't do it!!” I managed to squeeze the words out between floods of tears..
“You didn't just take away my wife ‘n’ my son. You ruined my whole life!!!” He shouted at me in a fit of rage.
“Don’t kill me!!” I begged.
“SHUT UP YOU CUNT!!!” He replied.

Then I heard the police coming up the stairs to the flat and I thanked god for answering my prayers..

“They can send me back to jail if they want. I’ve got nothing to live for anymore anyway!” He said as He began to cry for the loss of his wife and child.

Then I saw the relentless stare deep within his murky brown eyes and I finally realised he was going to kill me anyway. In this last moment of life, this final acceptance of death I tilted my head down to stare at a tear drop running down through a crack in the floor and waited for the flash, the bang, the end that would send me hurtling towards my destiny.
© Copyright 2003 J - The Mighty (jamieson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/605301-Perspectives-Part-1--Part-2