*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/616540-HELLO
by Rach_x
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Friendship · #616540
university
Gina watches as her parents drive of in their car, a single tear rolls down her cheek and she turns to walk into the halls of residence. She questions whether she has ever actually spent a night alone before and realising that the answer to this is no finds no comfort. If not with family, she has always been surrounded by friends.
She looks at her watch its 8:15pm and she wonders what her friends are all up to; she hears voices in the kitchen but alone she feels unusually shy and heads for her room.

Gina sits on her bed and flicks through her magazine, her parents will not be home for hours;her friends will all be out, so no point in calling them she wonders how long she can bear this almost silence for, even music will not drown it out. Gina hears a light tapping on the door, and a quiet giggle. She answers and sees a tall girl with red hair smiling at her.
"Hi, Rita" she says sticking out her hand "I think we're neighbours."
"Gina, are you left or right?" the pair shake hands.
"I'm not really political."
The girls laugh and Gina motions Rita in.
"So have you met anyone else yet?"
"quite a few people, i was talking to my boyfriend on the phone when I heard you finally arriving. Do you want to come to the pub?"
"Thats a ridiculous question." Gina says with such severity that Rita is taken aback.
"Of course i want to go to the pub!"Gina laughs.
They were joined in the hall by other people also heading in the same direction as them and so the two become a group.
****
someone decides after they have all had one too many, that it would be a brilliant idea to play truth or dare. The idea scares Gina because she has known these people for little over three hours, the idea of sharing her secrets;trusting almost strangers to decide the the dares makes her nervous. Yet she agrees becausse everyone else has and there is no way she wants to be left out tonight.
"ok," Rita smiles "i want to ask the first question,"


© Copyright 2003 Rach_x (rach_x19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/616540-HELLO